flow of the wind | albether

The two blondes sat under the tree. the sun shone bright but that didn't matter when they were under the big oak tree, shading them from the sun's bright rays, only for it to peer between the leaves.

Anemo crystalflies flew above them, birds chirped a song, as butterflies lay on windwheel asters and snapdragons. Winds would blow the dandelions, its seeds flying in the sky. The relaxing sound of crystal waters running, the leaves' soft rustling, wind softly caressing them as they sat in comforting silence.

It was peaceful, and Aether wished it would always be like this, just basking in comfort and winds, being free in a place called Mondstadt. Aether would admit, Liyue is beautiful and breathtaking, but Mond would always be that place he can call home in this world.

Even if he knows he's an outlander, someone who does not belong there, he knows he's always welcome in the City of Freedom, and truth be told, he wasn't the only one.

"Relaxing, is it not?" Honey words rolled off the other's tongue, Aether slumped as he exhaled, a small smile creeping up his face and the boy nodded in response, he supposes Albedo got the message as the other continued painting away on his canvas.

Aether wanted to take a peek, in which he did sneak a few times although most of them were blocked by Albedo saying that it was a surprise and that Aether should wait a little longer.

Aether chuckled at this and just continued sitting, getting lost in his own thoughts. Well-- sometimes stealing a few glances at the alchemist, had he ever looked that ethereal?

Blonde hair flowing along winds, a smile on his face as his hand moves naturally on the colorful canvas, the other hand holding the slightly-messy palette. The sun enhances his features, eyes glistening like the crystal waters and oh-- had his chin ever been that sharp? His lips plump and pink and he wonders-

"Aether?"

Aether snapped out, slightly jolting and quickly looking around only for his gaze to fall back on Albedo once more, why did he have a worried look? "Uh- is something wrong?" Albedo blinked, sighed and smiled, "I should be asking you that, you suddenly went silent." He seemed more relieved now, did he worry about him?

Aether's cheeks tinted but quickly reassured Albedo "Oh, no, I'm okay, just had something on my mind, that's all." And Albedo was that something. The older nodded upon hearing the reassurance, he supposes it wasn't a big deal and he didn't question him any further.

But what made Aether question though, was that Albedo suddenly put down his brush and palette down beside the canvas, leaning them to the huge roots, followed by Albedo lifting his canvas and walking towards Aether.

The other could only watch him as he slumped beside him with a humph, now they were sitting side-by-side, Albedo with his huge canvas in hand.

"So, what do you think?" Aether turned his gaze from Albedo towards the canvas, and as always, Albedo's arts never failed to make his breath hitch.

It was the entire Windrise scenery, with the oak tree standing out, he'd captured every detail, the glistening anemo crystalflies, the crystal clear waters, the statue of the seven, the birds, the butterflies, the variety of flowers scattered around the tree and- Aether?

Surprisingly (not) he had been included in the painting as well, leaning onto the tree as he held a dandelion in his hand, blowing into it as the seeds would fly out of the flower and flow freely in the sky. Aether smiled, "It's really.. beautiful."

Aether turned his head to the side to face the other, and just as if their faces weren't merely inches close, he continued, "I love it." And damn did Aether swear he caught that blush that lasted for a millisecond, he would take the chance and tease him as a payback for the multiple times the other teased him. but he didn't and instead just stared at Albedo, ocean blue eyes would meet glowing ambers, neither spoke.

But someone had to break it, and it was Albedo who did so, "I'm glad you liked it, unfortunately I had to rush since you were here, but it all worked out in the end, no?" He smiles. A smile that sends butterflies to Aether's stomach.

Aether shook his head to which Albedo laughed, the younger's gaze falling on the canvas sitting in front of them..... and what part of that masterpiece was rushed exactly?

That, Aether would joke about, but the other had a smile on his face and he really wouldn't want to ruin it, so he stayed silent, as he did earlier and instead looked up at the sun above them, it was almost sunset, so they've been out for that long? Time surely flies fast, or maybe it was just because being with Albedo made him lose track of time, either way he felt especially relaxed.

He wished his sister would be there, it was something that she'd really love, knowing his sister. but the more he thought about it, the heavier his shoulders became. He heaved a sharp sigh, an attempt to soothe himself and looked back up. "Lumine, I'm coming for you."

Albedo watched the other spill his thoughts, and he does the same, just without speaking them. 'Master...' but no matter what he tries to think about, no other words would follow up, he sighs and instead leans his head on Aether's shoulder, surprising the other about the sudden action.

Aether just let him be, smiling softly as he hesitantly nuzzles his head on the other's hair.

Soft.

It was softer than he expected that he didn't even notice he dozed off, and the other followed soon after.

And until such a time comes, Aether hopes that the flow of the winds will carry his words to the other.