secrets of winter | dragonspine

"Cold..."

That was all Albedo felt,

The harsh, icy winds that brushed his gold locks whenever he looked at the hazy horizon, the cold wind and the harsh snow blocking the view of the clear sun.

How long had he been in there? Weeks? Months? Maybe even years? He hadn't counted exactly. Mind fogged with his research and experiments.

He wasn't even halfway in finishing, glancing at the pile of documents on the desk parallel to his. He sighed, he still had his chief alchemist duties.

So many things to discover and unfold, 'what is the true meaning of this world?' He would often think.

His master.. how long had it been?

Left with a mission he couldn't possibly fulfill, what did she want? He couldn't comprehend her, as always.

From place to place, from room to room. So many things he had still yet to discover, puzzles filled the place, was there even any meaning to this?

When will he finally learn the truth?

'Stay silent, Listen, and Learn.' He had read in an ancient text, what did it mean?

'Angels guide those who are faithful.'

How curious indeed...

But he couldn't help but feel.. as if..

He belonged here. Not Dragonspine but, the place it was before.

Sometimes he would look at the snow and would see flashes of a lush green land, almost as if it wasn't any different from that of Mondstadt's. He couldn't explain it.

Another thing was... At times, he would look at the Cavalry Captain's eyes.

Why was it that he had different ones from others? Interesting...

Perhaps he was the same as him?

He too, would look at Dragonspine as if it was something, something...

He couldn't put words in.

He would look at it with a lot of sadness, fondness, longing..? It made Albedo wonder who the captain exactly was.

They've only ever exchanged a few words before. He should interrogate him sometime.

But....

He really does feels like Kaeya holds a lot of valuable inofrmation to his year-long research. If only he could grasp the right moment..

A very interesting man indeed, knowing everyone's secrets without revealing any of their own.

"Everyone has secrets, but not everyone knows what to do with them." He heard him say once. And maybe, just maybe, he had thought about it for a while.

What did those words mean exactly?

Albedo shook his head, forcing himself to snap out of his long trance and sighed.

Another day, another research.