lamp lillies | kaeya/diluc

"Kaeya look look, this flower glows in the dark! Isn't it cool??" Young Diluc exclaimed with stars in his eyes, holding the flower with both of his hands and staring at it in awe with wide eyes.

Kaeya could only look at him with admiration as the soft blue glow illuminates the red-head's features, no wonder why almost all the powerful people in Teyvat have their daughters lining all up for Diluc, he really is pretty.

Sometimes, Kaeya would get insecure about himself and his scars, feeling that he doesn't deserve someone as kind as Diluc, isn't deserving of his care, but of course, Diluc being Diluc would always be there for him, cheering him up and complimenting him which would never fail to make Kaeya's heart flutter and his cheeks tint.

It was yet another night where they would sneak out and go by the riverside to play or stargaze, they would often do this if they couldn't sleep or if one of them was feeling down. Today though, they've decided to go much further towards Wolvendom much to Kaeya's dismay of the possibility of Diluc getting hurt. But nothing's really happened so he guesses he'll let it pass.

And because of that, Diluc just may or may not have found his new favorite flower.

"It's so blue and pretty.. just like you, Kae!"

Well that definitely surprised the boy, while it was nothing out of the ordinary that the other would compliment him, but also as to making one flower his favorite because it reminds him of Kaeya?

"I- oh uh thank you.." Kaeya ducks his head and plays with his fingers in bashfulness, trying to hide his growing blush as Diluc just giggled at his behaviour.

"What about you?"

Diluc asked after Kaeya had calmed down a bit, the two were now sitting on a rock, looking above at the stars adorning the night sky. Ah yes, also one of the things Diluc would associate Kaeya with.

"Hm?"

"What's your favorite flower?"

The boy continued, now looking at the star eyed-boy beside him, smiling and waiting for an answer as he swung his feet in the air. Kaeya wonders how he can be so carefree at a late time like this, wait, what time was it again? Kaeya lost count.

Kaeya hummed, pretending to think as he held his chin.

A moment passed and he wore a small but had bits of sinister smile on his face, Diluc docks his head to the side in question of that.

A moment passes when Kaeya finally opens his mouth to answer,

"It's a secret." The boy says with a grin and his finger on his lips while Diluc just looks at him in playful betrayal and disbelief, "That's unfair!"

Kaeya laughs at Diluc's reaction as the other just huffs and pouts beside him. When he finally calmed down a little from his fit, he turned to the side to face Diluc, "I'll tell you sometime when I feel like it." He smiles.

"Because..."

They remind me of you.