27

"my powers won't work against demons..." san said as he summoned a little fire ball on his palm, lightening the room.

"ugh, i remember jongho gave me some books about demons.." san groaned as he tried to search for the memory at the back of his head.

"it said that demons could be fought with water because they're apparently made out of fire..?" san scratched his head as he tried bringing back the distorted memory.

"but there's no one in this world that has water powers! the fuck?! i can't generate water in the land of illusion. it's like it's banned here." san mumbled to himself, pulling his hair out of frustration.

"tch, what else could obliterate demons?" san asked himself as he tossed and turned on the bed, closing his eyes trying to remember anything that could help.

"i can't summon the book...it doesn't exist anymore." san said as he facepalmed.

"whatever. i'll just think when i wake up tomorrow morning." san gave up as he shut his eyes, slowly drifting off to dreamland.

————

"rise and shine, san." jaehyuk said calmly as he loudly barged into san's cramped room, surprising san a little.

"jeez you could've knocked." san accidentally said out loud, which he realised later on and covered his mouth as his eyes widened.

"where are your manners, kid?" jaehyuk asked dangerously calmly as he stepped towards san, as san crawled backwards.

"s-sorry, sir." san lowered his head shamefully as jaehyuk stared at him emotionlessly.

"get up, you're gonna do training today." jaehyuk ordered before he left the room, leaving a confused half-awake san sitting on his bed, back against a wall.

"what?" san muttered as he rubbed his eyes, trying not to fall asleep.

san got up without an option and walked out of the room, a servant guiding him to a bathroom to wash himself up.

"thanks, miss." san said before he closed the door, staring at his reflection in the mirror.

"how am i gonna kill those demons...people are made out of 70% water. maybe i could suck water out of jaehyuk and use it to fight the demons. no, that's gross. does spitting on them work?" san talked to himself as he raised an eyebrow.

"i'm gonna try spitting on them. spit is technically mouth water, right?"

————

"welcome to training." an instructor unwillingly welcomed san as he stuck his arms out awkwardly.

"hi..?" san greeted, but it sounded like a question instead.

"look, kid. i don't wanna be here either. let's just, get this done and escape?" the instructor suggested. san couldn't see his face as he was covered up in a black hat and a mask.

"okay. but my friends are possessed, how am i supposed to escape without saving them?" san asked.

"you've come to the right man." the instructor brushed his shoulders, "demons can be fought with horror. they're scared of clown shit."

"tsk, who thought demons would be cowards. i thought water could fight them too?"

"well, yeah. but where do you expect to even find water in here? only pure water can obliterate them, not even spit."

"oh." san said shamefully as he recalled his conversation with himself in the washroom.

"what's your name?" the instructor asked, which shocked san a little.

"no one told you my name even though they ordered you to train me? i'm san."

"i'm soobin. let's just, get this done and go." the instructor whose name is soobin said as he shooed san away, pointing to a glass door.

"open it and go in." soobin ordered as san obeyed.

"well, training day one."

————