32

"go." the king ordered soobin and san to fly into the empire.

"where are wooyoung and yunho though?" soobin asked the king.

"i'll lead you there out here. i'll summon a path that only you can see and move towards the path. remember, there's no time to hug or greet them!" the king warned.

"yes sir!" soobin and san whisper-yelled as they charged into the empire, following the yellow route that the king painted on the carpeted ground.

"now you guys, wait until they come out and burn the whole empire down. hyunjin, minho and beomgyu, get your bombs ready. taehyun and i will be in charge of the lava."

"bro, we might get exposed like this!" soobin whispered.

"shut up. we can fight them." san said.

"okay...if you say so." soobin rolled his eyes, immediately hitting the guard in front of him as he couldn't see him.

"oh shit!" soobin screamed a bit too loudly, which startled san.

"fucking hell soobin!" san yelled as a swarm of guards came rushing to them.

soobin instinctively did self defence, by shooting balls of non-luminous flames at the guards, immediately burning some of them to death; their ashes floating in the air.

san then caught all the ashes, dumped them into a can, then disposed the can somewhere unknown to prevent them from consuming the ashes.

"how do so many of them fit in such a narrow hallway?!" soobin yelled as he fought hard, slicing and slitting the guards' necks and throats, aiming at the nerves and necks of the guards.

san on the other hand, was using his power to strangle the guards, whilst burning their necks until their heads fell off. as san had training with soobin, his aiming got a lot better and was immensely accurate.

finally, the boys defeated at least 100 guards that got in their way. now they're close to the doorway to the place where the possessed are hidden.

"we're there...." soobin sighed as he reached towards the door knob, just to be stopped by the one and only jaehyuk.

"what do you think you're doing?" jaehyuk growled.

"uh-" soobin stuttered as san immediately pushed jaehyuk away with force, burning jaehyuk's sides in the process.

"go!" san yelled as both of the boys rushed into the room, slamming the door shut.

wooyoung and yunho were woken up by the sound of the door slamming.

"san?!" wooyoung yelled a bit too loudly, which san immediately signalled him to shut up.

"we have to get out of here, fast. jaehyuk's coming for us." soobin said while trying his best to block the door, which was slamming against him.

"but what about the demons who are literally us?" yunho asked.

"once you get out of here they'll be gone." soobin explained hurriedly.

"go! the door's about to break!" san yelled as he took wooyoung's hand while soobin took yunho's hand, the door immediately breaking open, revealing an angry jaehyuk standing there.

the four boys immediately created a passage to let them pass vertically.

"not so fast!" jaehyuk caught onto one of the boy's leg.

"fuck!" yunho yelled.

"yunho, pull!" soobin ordered, which yunho quickly followed. the powerful pull resulted into a broken calf: nerves and bones hanging out of his thighs, with blood gushing out of his thighs.

"this fucking hurts! so much!" yunho yelled as tears came streaming down his eyes.

"no time for that. please." san said as the boys dashed through the passage.

"they're out!" minho yelled as he saw four small figures flying through the sky.

"let's go!" the king ordered as the five immediately burned and bombed the entire empire.

the five watched as the empire obliterated itself, pieces of bricks burning into thin air.

"we're...back." soobin landed on the ground near the five, along with san, wooyoung and a crying yunho.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" beomgyu yelled as he say yunho's broken leg, visibly traumatised.

"i b-broke my l-leg!" yunho cried at the pain.

"heal yourself bro." san reminding yunho of his healing powers.

"oh, right." yunho said in between sobs as he regenerated his leg, which was horrifying to watch.

the king was so mortified he almost cried out loud.

"c'mon, you guys go back to your houses and i'll bring yunho and wooyoung out of here. it was nice meeting you all." san said hurriedly as he led the two to fly in his lead, while the other six waved at them.

————

"it's over..." san cried as he laid on the white grass, staining it with blood.

"it's alright...don't cry." wooyoung cried at the sight of san crying as he cuddled with san.

"get a room. anyways i'm gonna go see mingi, bye." yunho tried to sound as calm as possible, as if he didn't just get traumatised.

"bye, ho!" san waved while crying.

"everything's alright, san. everything's back to normal." wooyoung comforted san as both boys laid on the grass, cuddling with each other.