Chapter~10

Kanao POV-

Dammit! On my first day to this new school I'm already going to be late! What a great first impression you're making Kanao!

As I grab a rice ball, I begin to jog to school, trying to eat my breakfast as I'm doing so. I reach the school gate in about 10 minutes and the time on my phone reads 8:14 A.M. Homeroom started at 8:05!!!

"Hey girl," I hear a male voice say. Is he... talking to me? I look back to see two boys, who appear to be seniors, approach me.

"It looks like you're late... Are you new here?" The other boy asks as he abruptly grabs my shoulder. I start to get an uneasy feeling, and my gut is telling me that trouble is brewing.

"Y-Yes I'm n-new here... I'm late so I'm gonna head to homero-"

The other boy then pushes me to a wall and they both lean closer to me. I'm not exactly a defenseless girl so I attempt to knee one of them in the stomach. They catch onto this, and begin to restrain my arms and legs.

"You're feisty aren't you?" One of the boys smirk as he begins to lift my skirt up. Why did I stay here? I should've just left! I begin to feel their hands all over my body as they move in closer. Without thinking, I let out a loud cry for help. (A/N not going into detail here, but you understand the situation.)

"SHUT UP YOU B!TCH!!!" they both scream as one quickly covers my mouth and the other slaps me in the face. They proceed to move closer to me. Their chests are now right up against my body. I begin to feel tears fall down from my face. I could feel my cheek stinging as the tears made contact with the area I was slapped. I felt violated... scared...

Someone... save me please...

"T-Tanjiro wait!"

When I open my eyes, I see both of the bullies lying on the floor. They were holding their stomachs in pain as I see another boy standing in front of them. He had what appeared to be some sort of marking on the top right corner of his forehead. His eyes were... breath taking. They had a crimson hint to them, and they filled my heart with kindness and gentleness. He had beautiful blackish-red hair. I blush at the handsome boy standing in front of me.'

"Are you okay? What did they do to you!" He asks, putting his hand on my shoulder to comfort me. Unlike the seniors before, this boy is much gentler than them, and is also more respectful of my personal space. I blush at our close proximity as I attempt to conceal my face, so he couldn't see how flustered I was.

"U-Ummm.... t-thank you!!" I quickly utter as I crash my face into his chest. Crap! Now he's going to think I'm some sort of stalker! Great going Kanao!

Surprisingly, he wraps his arms around my back, and we stay in this position for what seems to be hours.

"What happened?!"

A teacher had come outside, probably because he heard the commotion going on. He slowly walks over to us with a clipboard right in his hand.

"These two boys tried to sexually assault this girl," The boy says as he points to the two boys lying on the ground. They seem to realize what happened, as they both get up and sprint as fast as they can.

"Well... I know who those two boys are... I'll report them to the principal," The teacher explains as he writes something on his clipboard.

"You're the new transfer student Kanao Tsuyuri right?"

"Y-Yeah that's me... I'm sorry that I'm late though," I explain, hoping I wouldn't get in too much trouble.

"Well all of you did miss homeroom... But I'll allow it for today. Also, I'm Tomioka-sensei..." Tomioka-sensei says as he rips a piece of paper off his clipboard.

"Kanao... That's a beautiful name! My name is Tanjiro by the way!" I feel my face heat up at Tanjiro's statement. H-He thinks my name is beautiful!!! Why am I feeling like this already??

"T-Tanjiro... I l-like that name too," His cheeks become tinted with red as he scratches his nose.

"Oooooooh... Looks like Nii-san is in love!" A girl shouts as she runs over to Tanjiro-kun. "By the way, my name is Nezuko. I'm Tanjiro's sister." She explains. So I've been flirting with her brother this whole time while she was watching?! Then Tomioka-sensei clears his throat. I forgot he was still here!!

"Well, first period has started so you guys better hurry," He explains as he hands us all late passes.

The morning classes went a lot smoother. I was in the same class as Tanjiro-kun, which made it a lot more comforting for me. I couldn't imagine how school would go if we were in different classes. Once it is lunchtime, I walk with Tanjiro-kun to my locker. I already hear whispers about us dating.

"Did you hear Tanjiro protected the new girl from two seniors?"

"Their almost like a couple!"

"They look so cute together!"

I would like it if we were a couple... I already like Tanjiro-kun a lot, even though I just met him earlier today. I get my lunch and wait for Tanjiro-kun to finish getting his stuff, and then we walk to the cafeteria.

Nezuko POV-

I can't believe Nii-san actually likes a girl! He's never really had a crush on someone or even has talked to a girl at school. I wouldn't say he's all nervous and flustered like Zenitsu-kun, but Nii-san is really timid when it comes to conversing with a female. I get my lunch out of my locker and begin to walk to the cafeteria.

"Nezuko-channnnnnnnnnn~"

I hear Zenitsu-kun's soft voice call out for my name. Before I could turn around and look for the blonde, I feel two arms wrap around my neck as I smell the sweet scent that Zenitsu-kun always gives off. I blush at his sudden contact with me as I feel the warmth of both our bodies radiate off into the crisp, cold air.

"You ready to eat?" He asks, breaking the tight but soft grip he had on me. He then grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. We then walk to the cafeteria like a couple. A couple... Me and Zenitsu-kun... dating... The thought of that is enough to make me feel dreamy and lightheaded.

As we arrive at the cafeteria, I spot Nii-san and Kanao-san out the corner of my eye. I notice that their hands are locked together, and I see a slight blush on Nii-san's face. Kanao-san's face on the other hand was practically steaming.

We head over to the two and sit down at an empty table. As I begin to take a bite of the onigiri I packed for the day, I notice that Zenitsu-kun didn't have any food.

"Zenitsu-kun? I thought Aoi packed you something to eat today..." I ask him. Did Aoi not get anything for Zenitsu-kun? I know she finds him annoying but that shouldn't mean she shouldn't make food for him.

"No... I just forgot to get my lunch from the counter today... I usually don't eat much anyways as I don't have much food," He explains, which makes my heart slightly ache. I don't want Zenitsu-kun to be without food! He can't properly focus if he hasn't eaten! I give him the rest of my onigiri to make sure he can have a good lunch.

"Y-You don't have to g-give me them Nezuko-chan! I'm fine as long as you eat!" He protests, but I keep insisting that he needs to have a good lunch for once.

Zenitsu POV-

I'm not going to let my precious Nezuko-chan go hungry! She keeps pestering me to eat but I'm fine with not having a meal or two. Back when I was with my parents, they would rarely let me have three meals a day.

"Zenitsu-kun! Stop being so stubborn and please eat! I know you care about me but I'm fi-

I break the onigiri Nezuko-chan handed me in half and shove one of the halves into her mouth.

"How about we s-share them?" I ask, the blush on Nezuko-chan's face becoming more vibrant and red. I can feel my body spike in temperature as we both eat our halves of the onigiri.

"N-Nezuko-san can I talk to you for a moment?" Kanao asks as she gently tugs at Nezuko-chan's shirt.

"Sure!"

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I haven't edited any chapters yet so I'm expecting grammar/spelling mistakes. Please point them out if you can so I can fix them! Anyways, have a good day!