Chapter~15

Tanjiro POV-

I must be dreaming... haha.

"S-Sorry Tanjiro-kun! I d-didn't mean to s-say t-that-"

"Ooooooooh Nii-san and Kanao-san sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-"

"SHUT IT NEZUKO!!!!!!!" I scream, now flustered from her remark.

"Wait, so do you like me or not? Because I like you-

"Oooooh, I didn't know you could be so bold Tanjiro!" Zenitsu chimes in. I then tackle him to the floor, harshly rubbing his hair.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TANJIRO THAT HURTS!!!!!!" He exclaims as Nezuko tries to yank me off of the blonde.

She then heads over to him and gently ruffles his hair. "Nii-san, don't be so rough with him! He's my little dandelion after all!" She pouts, now starting to scold me. Wait, shouldn't I be the one scolding them?! They interrupted my privacy! Side note that nickname for Zenitsu is pretty good. Maybe I should tell Inosuke about it later...

"I t-think I should be g-going now," Kanao utters as she starts to walk towards the door. I quickly grab her arm and pull her back to me.

"Please... don't go," I say in an almost desperate tone. I really didn't want Kanao leaving this early, especially since I planned on spending some time and getting to know her during winter break. I could feel my face begin to heat up as a I see a bright red tint cover her face. Small beads of sweat start to trickle down my face as I stare at her beautiful eyes longer. Of course, I was oblivious that Zenitsu and my sister were still in the room.

"Tanjiro, you can observe your girlfriend during a different time right?" Zenitsu says in a dull voice. I immediately feel my face flush at the blonde's words. I wanted to protest, but before I could do so, I realize that I was no longer holding Kanao's arm.

Dammit Tanjiro of course she didn't like me! She was probably just nervous and blurted that out on accident! Gah, you probably should apologize the next you see her-

"B-But I r-really do like you T-Tanjiro-kun,"

"Wait I said all of that out loud?" I say confused, mentally scolding myself for letting my thoughts slip.

Hold on, where's Kanao, I swear that I don't see her anywhere-

Holy crap she's leaning on me.

Holy crap she's buried in my chest.

Zenitsu POV-

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Look how cute those two are! I slightly nudge Nezuko-chan's shoulder signaling that we should leave. After all, I know how important it is to have privacy in a developing relationship.

When we both walk upstairs and enter our room, what I see makes my heart instantly drop.

"My, my, what a surprise to see you here brother! Now then, I'll be taking the girl,"

It's him... Kaigaku.

Also known as my step brother.

"What do you want with Nezuko-chan?" I shout, now shielding her from that vile thing I had to call my brother.

"Come on, Zenitsu, you know your step-brother won't do any harm. At least not to your cute girlfriend here," He devilishly smirks.

I could feel Nezuko-chan press her face up against my back, signaling that she was scared. Even though I'm feeling nervous, I know that I have to toughen up for the sake of Nezuko-chan.