Chapter~18

Tanjiro POV-

Am I... Dead?

"Tanjiro! Tanjiro!"

That voice...

"Tanjiro please wake up!"

I slowly open my eyes. I see Kanao crouched over my bed. Her eyes are filled with tears.

"K-Kanao..."

"Tanjiro-kun!"

She suddenly hugs me. I can feel her wet tears soak into my clothing as her grip tightens.

"It's okay Kanao... I'm fine" I begin. Her bear hug doesn't loosen one bit.

"I w-was so worried... worried that you w-wouldn't make i-it..." she stutters. Great, you made Kanao worried. How worthless are you Tanjiro?!

"GONAPACHIRO!"

"I-Inosuke-

Before I can finish my sentence, Inosuke rushes over to my bed and gives me a suffocating squeeze.

"Agh! I'm gonna choke if you hug me any harder!" I say. Did my lung just collapse?

"You didn't know how scared I was when I found out you were in the hospital Tantoro!" He adds. I swear he's doing it on purpose at this point.

"Nii-San..."

"Nezuko..."

"NII-SAN!!!!"

Nezuko immediately wraps her arms around me, her eyes now starting to well with tears.

"It's okay Nezuko... I'm okay now," I calmly whisper. I can see the rest of them beginning to clear out of the room.

"How's everything going Nezuko? Any word on Zenitsu yet?"

"Zenitsu-kun..."

Fuck. That's her sad voice. What did those bastards do to Zenitsu?!

"What happened with Zenitsu...?" I ask.

"He's not around anymore."

Zenitsu POV-

Well would you look at that! Solitary confinement! Probably the worst punishment they could've given me!

Ah, I'll fill you in on what happened these past few days. Basically, because my "parents" are so politically powered, they've threatened to press charges against me, meaning I could possibly be framed for attempted murder. Of course, they've used their status as blackmail to keep my mouth shut.

I'm now living with them and cutting off all other contacts I have. This was the deal I had to agree to or else I would probably be thrown in jail.

Man my life sucks. I already miss Nezuko-Chan and the others.  My "parents" sure do act like they love me.

You might think it's laughable that I'm complaining but...

The first time I felt needed in my life, they take it away. They've taken everything away from me since I was a little kid.

Is Tanjiro alright? Has another boy already tried to flirt with Nezuko-chan?! Does anyone even care that I'm gone?!

Man, this is getting on my nerves.