Chapter~19

Inosuke POV-

Monitsu... on trial?!

This is outright blasphemous! I know for a fact that Tonkotsu did not do anything wrong! I was there, it was that bastard Maitaku that should be on trial!

"Kentaro, let me join the trial! I was technically a witness at the scene as well!" I portest. Although Kontisu can be very annoying, there's no way I'm not gonna help my friend out!

Plus, Monjiro Jr. is in love with him as well.

Eventually, Gonapachiro was able to make it out of the hospital and come back to the butterfly estate. By the time he recovered, we all hadn't seen Tonitsu in over a month.

His trial was nearing rapidly.

When the day finally came, Kimobu or whatever offered to drive us to the court. She and some other people would serve as the jury for the case. Although she may be a little biased towards Kenitsu, its pretty obvious that he shouldn't be on this trial in the first place!

Once we arrive in at the court, a man walks up to us.

"Are you here for the trial for Zenitsu Agatsuma?" He asks.

"Yes, we are. Is it okay for us to go inside?" Kontairo responds.

"I apologize, but this trial will now be held privately. Witnesses and those serving as the jury are no longer permitted to enter."

Zenitsu POV-

"I, Sanemi Shinazugawa will serve as judge today. This case shall now commence!"

First, my mother begins to speak. She's actually a really famous lawyer if you didn't know. If I wasn't able to get in contact with Iguro-san to work on my case, I would probably be dead meat.

"My very own son, Zenitsu Agatsuma, tried to harm and kill my other child Kaigaku. Just because he could not understand how worthless he was, even after his girlfriend Nezuko Kamado left him, he still tried to get vengeance by cowardly attacking Kaigaku." She starts.

"To continue, Zenitsu has always tried to ruin Kaigaku's life. First, by trying to break the friendship between him and Kamado Tanjiro and Hashibira Inosuke, and then trying to force Kamado Nezuko into a relationship with him, even after she declared her love for Kaigaku,"

Do lawyers usually bullshit this much?

"In short, Zenitsu has been tainted by jealousy as he is completely aware that he is utterly useless and inferior to his brother Kaigaku. It makes perfect sense that he attempted to kill Kaigaku in order to feel like he was the superior sibling. The way Zenitsu tried to murder his brother is even worse! By brutally attacking him with a barrage of fists and then attempting to shoot a bullet at him, Zenitsu made the foolish move to do this in front of us, while scarring the memories of witnesses like Kamado Tanjiro and Kamado Nezuko! He must be executed to atone for his sins!"

"Is that all for now?" Shinazugawa-san asks.

"I rest my case."

Pretty good argument... But does she expect that blatantly lying will win her the case?!

"Mrs. Agatsuma, what you just said points to Zenitsu being a cowardly killer. However, it appears that those sentences you just spat out are tainted with lies,"

"I, Iguro Obanai, will prove to you that everything you just stated, was false information."

"Firstly, your statement about Zenitsu trying to murder Kaigaku is false. The proof? Well, I'm pretty sure you witnessed it firsthand. Using policemen that were on the scene, who you blackmailed to keep their mouths shut, they say that Kaigaku shot the bystander Tanjiro kamado, which is why he ended up in the hospital for a month. Furthermore, it appears that Kaigaku only ended up with so many severe injuries from Zenitsu trying to force him off Nezuko Kamado. From accounts I've gathered from some of the victims, they testify that Kaigaku managed to find their residence, and then kidnap Nezuko Kamado. After so, he proceeded to attempt to rape the young girl, which luckily was stopped by Zenitsu. The rest of your claims are fictitious and do not have any concrete evidence to back them up. They seem to have only been made so that your argument can appear to be more legitimate," Iguro-san recites.

"I rest my case,"

"My... I wonder why this case even happened in the first place," Shinazugawa-san states. "Although Mrs. Agatsuma has managed to construct an execptional story to support her argument, it is clear to even a commoner that it is just a story. Fictional, with evidence going against her claims."

He continues, "I hereby rule the defendant-"

"LET ME INNNNNNNN!!!"

Inosuke?

"I WANT TO SEE ZENITSU-KUN NOW!!!"

Nezuko-chan?

"ZENITSU WE'RE HERE!!!"

Tanjiro? How are they here?!

"Mrs. Agatsuma... don't tell me you blackmailed the person in charge of setting up the trial as well."

"Nonsense! W-Where did you get that from?!"

Iguro interrupts, "Allow me to explain. It appears that you have used your political influence to alter how this trial will play out. By doing so, you would of course make yourself look innocent while making Zenitsu look more worthy of the death penalty,"

"What does someone like you know?!"

"Oh? When I got here, I overheard that you bribed the guard to make them keep even the witnesses out of the court room during our trial,"

"This is unacceptable! Zenitsu Agatsuma is not guilty!" Shinazugawa-san exclaims.

An uproar of emotion fills the room! I see Nezuko-Chan run over to me and give me a hug.

I've missed this.

"The trial is not over! How could you pronounce him as not guilty so quickly?!" My mother hisses. Kaigaku and father stare at the judge in disbelief.

"The overwhelming amount of evidence at the scene of the crime seems to show Kaigaku as the perpetrator instead,"

"I believe that you three are the ones who should be punished."

"W-What...?!"

Just then, three policemen enter the court room with hand cuffs. They place the cuffs on my parents and Kaigaku.

"Mr and Mrs Agatsuma. We apologize but you will once again be taken in for questioning," The guard explains.

"THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! HOW CAN YOU ARREST US?! AFTER ALL THE POLITCAL DISPUTES WE'VE SOLVED!" Father erupts. His voice is filled with rage and denial.

Hmph. It's what those bastards deserve

I see my mother and Kaigaku glare at me coldly as their hauled off from the court room.

Is this saga...

Finally over?

Alright everyone, hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter! This will probably be the last chapter of this Kaigaku arc so I may go back to writing absolute cringe! FYI this chapter has been completely unedited so I apologize for any mistakes!