Chapter~12

Nezuko POV-

"Come on Inosuke hold still!" My brother exclaims while he attempts to pin Inosuke to the floor. I wonder how my brother can put up with this all the time...

"YOU'LL NEVER WIN MONJIROU!!!!" Inosuke cackles like a madman as he and Tanjiro continue their brawl. After around 10 minutes of this nonsense, Tanjiro finally gets Inosuke to stop. Both of them were covered in bruises and scrapes, so we begin to head back to the estate where Aoi can patch them up.

---------------------

Butterfly Estate

Once we arrive back at the Butterfly Estate, Aoi begins to scold Inosuke for his reckless actions. "Inosuke! You have to learn to be more mature! Can't you go a day without fighting?!"

"SHUT UP BUTTERFLY GIRL!!! YOU CAN'T DECIDE WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T DO!" Inosuke barks back.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" Aoi snaps. I can tell she doesn't like the nickname butterfly girl... I begin to walk out of the infirmary slowly. I think Aoi can manage the situation a little better if I'm not there in the way.

How I was wrong.

As soon as I'm in the hallway, I hear a loud bang in the room. Of course, I bolt right back to the room to see what happened. Once I get ahold of the sight in the infirmary, my face blushes a crimson red. I see Aoi lying on the ground, but with Inosuke right on top of her.

Silence filled the room for what felt like an eternity. No one moved a single muscle.

"Hey Aoi, is Inosuke that badly injured-

Tanjiro abruptly walks into the room breaking the awkward silence.

"GET OFF ME INOSUKE!!!!!" Aoi-san screams as she frantically pushes Inosuke off her, resulting in his face smashing into the ground. Aoi quickly covers up her face to make an effort to conceal the blush on her face, but at this point, it's no use.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR BUTTERFLY GIRL?!?! YOU DON'T JUST SHOVE THE GREAT INOSUKE LIKE THAT!!!" Inosuke rants as he holds his fist up in anger and rage.

"What's going on in her-

Before Zenitsu-kun could finish his sentence, Inosuke dashes over towards him and sucker punches him in the face.

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Zenitsu-kun howls as he immediately cups his face. I could see tears now flowing freely down his cheeks. I know Inosuke didn't mean to hit him that hard but could he have some self control?!

"Zenitsu-kun!" I shout, running over to him as I begin to examine his face. His nose was already beginning to bruise and swell up. We needed to ice it as fast as possible before it looked like Zenitsu-kun had a ballooon lodged into his nose.

Aoi-san seemed to realize this too as she runs to the kitchen and comes back up with a bag filled with ice. I take the bag and gently apply it onto Zenitsu-kun's face.

"Owch!!! I-It h-hurts Nezuko-chan..." Zenitsu-kun mumbles as he shuts his eyes. The way he said that... Made my heart melt.

Why do you have to be so cute Zenitsu-kun?!

"B-baka..." I softly mumble as I look slowly turn my face away from Zenitsu-kun.

"E-Eh? H-How am I an idiot?" Zenitsu-kun responds, wiping his tears off his face.

"I-I'm sorry for b-being an idiot Nezuko-chan-

I couldn't hold back anymore. I drop the bag of ice onto Zenitsu-kun's lap and give him a long, delicate kiss on his forehead.