Chapter 5

Lydia's whole body felt sore especially her feet and her back. She had her head gently resting against his tail, mostly to know where he was. Her eyes were still shut closed but slowly started to open as she heard the small purr. She looked on him with faint eyes before she turned her head away again and whimpered. She understood that he wanted her to climb onto his head, but how could she climb up when she could barely stand on her feet anymore?

Well, she had to give it a try. She slowly released her hold around herself and started to push herself up from the ground. She bit into her bottom lip as she stood on her bleeding feet. A few tears rolled down from her eyes from the pain as she forced herself to stand up. She could barely stand on her feet, her knees felt like butter and she felt that any minute she was going to fall to the ground.

Lithon winced slightly as the princess bit her lip even more. He didn't want to hurt her any more than she already was. And he could see that she wasn't going to be able to hold on, even if he flew slowly.

She looked upon the huge dragon there had seemed so scary a short moment ago, but right now she would rather be with him than a troll... Lydia looked on him with her amber-colored eyes, tears were blurring her vision and she could only see him faintly. The look she gave him made him lower his head more, Lydia believed that he understood that she couldn't crawl all the way from his tail up to his head... Lydia stumbled over to his head, almost falling to the ground she fell against his head. Or his nose, mouth, or muzzle or whatever it was. Her arms were embracing his head as her head was laid against it. She was breathing uneasily as the pain was almost unbearable. She couldn't walk anymore, it was just too painful. One of her warm tears rolled down from her eye down to his skin, softly rolling down from his head.

Lithon got a fright when she fell against his snout. And he grew increasingly worried as he felt her tears land on him. Sighing, he morphed back into his human form. He morphed slowly so that he wouldn't let her fall as he changed size and shape. He gently laid her back on the ground again and looked at her feet. Those blood and dirt soaked bandages won't be helping her any. If anything it will just be putting more pressure on the wound, which at this point was hurting more than helping. He could smell and hear that the wound was now only slightly bleeding so he removed the bandages. He winced as the princess did. It was painful as he laid her down on her back, the scratch hadn't disappeared in those few seconds so laying on her back was painful.

She looked upon him, his human form was nicer to look at.. It made her feel calmer that she was around a human rather than a dragon... He didn't look so scary. She closed her eyes and stayed silent, she was exhausted, so endlessly tired. She just wanted to fall asleep, but it may not be the best time to fall asleep now. After all, they were out in the middle of nowhere.

Then he gently picked her up and she was held against him. He was warm. And he had a nice scent. It was calming and soft. She found it weird how she could find her kidnapper's scent calming but she just did. She was freezing as it was night and not really that warm anymore, Lithon was warm which made him holding her even better. This was going to be a long journey home... As he walked he was very aware of all his surroundings and the princesses breathing. He wrapped her feet up in his shirt. It was all he had to try and keep them warm and clean.

It was actually a lovely night out. He loved these kinds of nights. The sky was clear, the moon was full, and the stars glittered the sky. He looked up at the moon and his eyes shinned remembering the good times he has before 'that' happened. "what is your name?" he asked the princess, hoping to calm her down if she was still awake. The silence after those kinds of events can be the worst thing imaginable. He knew.

Her head was resting on his chest softly as he was walking, she looked up him for a second, the moonlight shined down on him making him light up slightly. Lydia smiled shortly but then closed her eyes, feeling very very tired. And as he walked it was like she was being rocked softly in his arms... She was about to fall asleep when she remembered that he had asked her for her name. She slowly opened her eyes, looking at him with tired eyes. She smiled, he didn't know her name? It was refreshing and kinda nice...

"My name is Lydia... Lydia Silverbell." She said in a soft tender whisper before she closed her eyes again. She fell asleep in his arms calmly.

Lithon smiled as Lydia answered with her name. He was happy that he now knew. He listened as she fell asleep. He was happy that she was calmer now. He could feel her heartbeat against his chest as he walked. It was nice, and it was nice to have company for a change.

By the end of the long walk home, Lithon was exhausted. He'd never walked so far before, he'd always flown. As he reached the castle he picked up the book on his way by and then headed towards Lydia's room. Placing her gently on her side on the bed. He could see the scratch that he had made through the slash in her shirt. He decided that he would deal with her feet first.

He collected a bowl and filled it with warm water then brought up lots of fresh cloth and bandages. He slowly and gently washed her feet until they were clean. The bleeding had completely stopped. It was much easier to wrap up her feet now that she wasn't struggling...

Then he went to her back... She was still asleep. He tore the shirt from collar to bottom on the back and removed her arms from the slots, still keeping her chest completely covered. He didn't want to invade her privacy any more than he had already done, so he took the arms of the shirt and tied them so that it stayed in place over her chest. He then cleaned her back and bandaged it up over the t-shirt. It might be a little uncomfortable but it's better than her knowing that he'd seen her chest. After he had cleaned her up and made her comfortable he tucked her under the covers and made sure that she was comfy. He then placed the book beside her head on the pillow and left the room leaving her to sleep.

Lithon made his way downstairs and rested on the couch in the main room, completely forgetting about the food he had tried to make before. He was exhausted. Without meaning to he fell asleep there.