Chapter 10

Lithon was just about done making food again when he heard Lydia get out of the bath. She spilled a lot of water but he didn't really mind. But then he heard a scream and then heard her fall on the ground. He immediately abandoned the food that he was making, not caring if it would burn or anything like that, and he ran up the stairs.

He stood over the clothes and without thinking he opened the door and walked in. "Lydia!?" His voice sounded concerned and worried. The fact that she could be completely naked didn't even cross his mind. As soon as he saw her bare back and the scar on it he swirled around so that he didn't see any further. But his eyesight was too good and he saw everything that was currently exposed. "Sorry." He said, still concerned for her. From the glimpse that he got he could tell that she hadn't done any new serious damage but he knew that she must have been in agony.

Lydia blushed deeply as Lithon rushed into the room. "L-Lithon!" she muttered very embarrassedly as he had gotten a glimpse of her naked body. She laid her blushing red face against the cold bathroom floor. 'This isn't happening..' she thought and took a deep breath, never in her life had she been in such an embarrassing situation. But oddly enough her heart skipped a beat as she thought about him seeing her naked. Shaking her head from such stupid thoughts she looked around for a saving. What could she do? If he was to get her cloth with closed eyes he could slip too... Lydia closed her eyes to think about what to do, but all that crossed her mind was Lithon rushing into the room with a concerned and worried expression just as his voice had called her name. Lydia blushed again and shook her head, her heart beat faster with him around, and while knowing that her fiancee would never have been so worried about her that he would come rushing into her room if he heard her scream. He would have sent a butler instead. To make sure that his life wouldn't be in danger also...

Lithon tried to figure out what to do. Should he pick up the clothes, give them to her and try and keep his eyes shut? In all honesty, all that was going through his mind was the image that he got of her naked body. Despite the cuts, bruises, and the massive scrap across her back due to his claws, she was perfect. He'd never found himself so attracted to a woman. His eyes and mind had caught every detail without him meaning to.

"what... what do you want me to do?" he didn't know what he should do so he fell to his last option. Ask. Lithon stood completely still as he waited for her to answer.

Lydia bit her lip, smiling and grinning, she felt sad. Her fiancee would never come to her rescue.. grinning with agony she pushed herself up from the floor so she was sitting, and with Lithon looking away she smiled. A single tear fell from her eyes but she quickly dried it away.

As she sat up Lithon could hear her groan in pain and he thought that he smelt saltwater for a moment and wondered if she was angry or scared and was crying. He was about to ask her if she was ok but the scent was quickly gone so he just dismissed it as his imagination.

Smiling carelessly as nothing was on her mind she looked around. "J-just stand still for now" Lydia uttered as she looked around. She saw a towel near her and crawled over on her knees to get it. The cold bathroom floor was harsh on her knees but it had to do for now.

When she told him to stay still that was a bit of a bother for him. He was desperately trying not to look at anything but the door. If he did then he might catch a shadow or reflection of her on the wet surfaces.

Lydia grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her. "Y-you can look now, I have a towel around me. I-if it isn't too much to ask... Could you help me up and bring me my clothes?" she asked kindly and slightly embarrassed. She looked over at his back, blushing a bit. Even from behind he looked nice and kind, he looked like a person people wanted to get to know, a person that everybody wanted to be around.. If he had been royalty and had been at one of her families many parties, would they have met?

Like a prince from a faraway kingdom like in one of her fairy tale books, would they have danced, would they have talked together? Lydia lowered her eyes and looked down at the ground. This wasn't one of her fairy tale books, her story wasn't going to have a good ending. She had to go back to her castle and her fiancee and get married, become the queen of the country...

Turning slowly when she told him, he couldn't stop the blush appearing on his face when he saw her in nothing but a towel. She was completely and utterly perfect. He was trying not to smile just in case Lydia thought that he was some kind of rude pervert.

He quickly looked away and went to grab the clothes that he had left out for her earlier. He took a deep breath before he turned around again and walked towards her. He had to concentrate on speaking so that his voice didn't break. "Here you are." He held the clothes out for her to take. He couldn't put them down or they would get wet. As he looked at her he couldn't help but smile. Not only was she beautiful but she was cute in her own way. Loose strands of her wet hair were sticking to the side of her face. He reached out gently to brush them aside but stopped and turned his head to the side. What was that noise?

It was still many miles off and therefore just too far away for him to clearly work out if it was real or not. He scowled at the air and dismissed it. Nothing other than the forest creatures have ever come into the forest. Especially not close enough for Lithon's hearing to pick up. He shook his head and looked at Lydia again. Smiling.