Chapter 4

After a good long nap Lydia finally woke up, she sat up in the bed and rubbed her eyes gently. She felt lost as she looked around in the room, she really didn't have any idea where she was. Where could the dragon have taken her? She hoped that John, her fiancée, would come for her soon so she could get back home to what she knew... Knowing things or people made everything more safe and peaceful as you knew what to expect.

Lydia crawled out of the bed and stood on her two feet. She slightly put her weight more on one, the unharmed one, more than the other.. Lydia looked around, getting angrier and angrier by the second. How dare he kidnap her!? Had he no idea who she was?! How dare he touch her with his dirty talons! Lydia paced around in the room angrily, but actually, her anger wasn't really angry. It was because she was so terribly scared... She had no idea what would happen to her, it was a terror for her mind and soul.

Lydia had had enough... She wouldn't just sit around and wait! She wrapped some bandages around her feet as she had no shoes this had to do... Lydia then started to walk out of the room and headed down to the front door, not even noticing the book... She walked out of the front door as he hadn't even bothered to lock the door. Even he was stupid, thinking that she wouldn't try to escape or he was foolish and believed that she wanted to stay.

Lithon looked up from making his food as he heard the Princess leave the castle. He didn't think that she could get that far on barefoot so at first he just ignored it. But as time passed he became a bit worried. Surely a princess couldn't get that far? So eventually he got up, shifted into his dragon form, and decided to go after her. If anything bad happened to her it would be his fault.

Lydia hadn't reached far before her feet were hurting and badly bleeding. She bit into her bottom lip and wanted to head back to the non-sharp, cold and hard floor inside the castle. She didn't like stepping on sharp, warm, hard rocks that cut into her feet...

But she didn't turn back! She didn't want to return... After a while, Lydia actually got pretty far from the castle and reached a small forest that was on the mountain. The ground was softer so she sat down as she needed to rest her delicate hurting feet.

She rested her head against a tree and sighed depressed. But then.. all of sudden she could hear a small grunt from a bush. Lydia looked at the bush with a confused but slightly scared expression on her face as she knew that bushes don't grunt. Suddenly a big troll jumped out from the bush, it made Lydia jump up. The troll looked at Lydia and suddenly started to clap his hands and jump happily around. Lydia turned away and tried to run to safety but the troll was fast and grabbed her. The troll carried her over his head like she was a trophy. "LET GO OF ME!" Lydia screamed.

Trolls had the liking to take young and beautiful girls to be their wife instead of fellow trolls... Of course under the process of the involuntary mating, which if that would happen, the human girl would likely be crushed underneath the troll and ripped to pieces as trolls weren't very gentle... Lydia screamed and struggled as best as she could but she couldn't escape. Why her? Of all people, why HER!?

Following the princess's scent, Lithon was growing angrier at himself for not asking her name. But then again she was probably too scared to tell him anyway. But he never knew. He was becoming increasingly surprised at how far she had gone. But his surprise soon turned to anger. He saw her being swung about like a rag doll by a troll. And an ugly troll at that. Trolls were not the nicest of creatures. And this one most likely had a plan for the princess involving reproducing without her consent. Lithon became enraged. He had no idea why. How dare he touch her and have these intentions for her.

Lydia screamed as loudly as she could as the troll walked happily towards his den. Her lungs were hurting from all the yelling and she wanted to escape so badly! She closed her eyes, feeling frustrated and confused she was about to give up.

Quickly Lithon swooped down talons aiming for the trolls arm. He didn't want to grab the princess as trolls have a strong grip and might rip her in two. His talons went deep into the troll's thick arm and nearly tore it off. The troll lost his grip on the princess and she flew from his hand. Lydia held her eyes squeezed shut as she was in the air. Lithon stretched out his other leg to catch her. He barely made it but he scratched her a little high up on her back. It wasn't that serious but added with her bleeding feet she must have been in a lot of pain. Lithon heard her uttered a small scream from pain as she got the large scratch.

removing his talons from the troll, he moved a few feet away and placed the princess as gently as he could on the ground. Then he just stood directly over her, protecting her, with his tail curling round to hid her and his wings spread out defensively he hissed furiously at the troll. The whole time Lydia held her eyes tight;y closed. But she knew that it was Lithon that had come to save her.

She had her head against his tail as it was around her like a shield. She could hear his high hiss to scare off the troll. Normally a troll would run away the moment it saw a dragon but this dragon had nearly ripped off its arm! It was angry! The troll growled loudly and grew 5 meters taller. The troll growled and tried to grab the dragon's tail to rip it apart, but Lydia was hiding behind it.

Lithon was furious. He watched as the troll tried to grab his tail. Does he dare to attack again? He let out a huge roar, showing off his fangs, as the troll went for his tail again. The troll didn't even have time to grab the tail because it got a glance of Lithon's big and sharp teeth which immediately scared it. So the troll jumped back and ran off. Even after the troll left Lithon's head stayed low, defensively and he continued to hiss. He couldn't calm himself down.

Then a scent suddenly hit his nose. Blood. That reminded him that he himself had actually hurt the princess... He glanced down at the bundle below him who was still trembling in fear. She was completely crawled together, holding her arms around herself tightly. Was it only the troll that she was afraid of? Or was it also him? He didn't know whether to move away from her or move closer to comfort her. He didn't dare move his tail or change back into his weaker form.

He grew angrier at himself but overall calmed down, knowing that he had to help her. He didn't want to grab her with his talons again in case he touched anywhere that she was hurt. So instead he kind of purred. Not really a purr but it was the only nonthreatening noise a dragon could make. He lowered his head. Hoping that she would get the message to climb on his head and hold onto his horns. That is if she didn't faint first. Then he would have no choice but to carry her.