Chapter 1

Lydia had finally found peace to sleep after she had been crying for most of the night. Her cheeks had turned red and her eyes felt so heavy and warm from all the tears she had shed. Her fiancée was the prince of a very rich kingdom close by and her father had chosen him to be her husband. She herself, had no say in the matter. Even though she didn't like him she would still be a good and respectable wife. However, her fiancée didn't always agree with her and scolded her quite a lot, sometimes it even ended up with him slapping her across the face. But that had to be her own fault, she just had to learn to be silent, as a lady should.

Lydia was holding a fairy tale book close to her chest where her heart sat. She loved fairy-tales about how prince charming would win the girl's heart and they would live happily ever after. But it wasn't only the silly and childish love stories that she enjoyed reading, she loved all kinds of fairy-tales with a bad ending or a good ending. Sitting alone in the castle she would read the tales and suddenly she didn't feel so trapped. She had never left the castle's safe walls and probably never would. So, she kept reading because when she reads she was in a whole other world where love was real and freedom was only a matter of courage.

But her fiancée didn't like her beloved fairy-tales, he would always say that they were pure nonsense and twisted her mind to believe in happy endings. That was why they had been fighting this time because he wanted her to burn her books and Lydia had opened her mouth and said no. Only a matter of seconds later and she had been able to feel her right cheek burning. He had slapped her without hesitating and had grabbed three of her favorite books and tossed them into the fireplace, she had looked on him with an exhausted and sad look before running away. This had made her fiancée's expression change from angry to worry. She knew that it wasn't his intention to be mean to her, or, at least, that's what she hoped.

She had run to her room, locking the door behind her and tossed herself on the queen-sized bed, crying heavily into her silk pillow where the tears she shed ran down onto her silk covered bed while wishing for someone to come and take her away... But in the end, she had fallen into a deep peaceful sleep, not even hearing that her fiancée had knocked on the door and tried to come in.

****************************************************************************

Lithon flew through the sky with grace and elegance. If there was one thing that he truly enjoyed it was flying. With the sun shining off of his ice blue scales, the wind passing over his horns and the feel of being lighter than air. He was in paradise. However, he had not set out for just one of his casual flights. Today he would take his revenge on the kingdom that had done him wrong all those years ago.

Reaching the kingdom he laughed to himself as no one had spotted him and he was about to smash into one of the towers and destroy it but then something caught his purple eyes. Looking through the window of the tower he saw a young girl. The girl was beautiful and she drew Lithon's whole attention away from destroying the kingdom and onto just her. He decided to get a closer look and gliding down to her window. He heard the yelling of guards as he glided closer. He hadn't gone as unnoticed as he had first thought. Inches away he morphed into his usual human shape and landed gracefully on her balcony.

Entering her room he noticed the many fairy-tale books neatly piled on the desk. Most of them love stories, the good and the bad. He opened the first page of one but quickly dismissed it. He had no need for fairy-tales were the dragon was slain be the "Prince Charming".

Lydia was sleeping deeply and hadn't heard a thing. Not even the yelling from the guards that had spotted the huge dragon. She seemed to sense that somebody was in her room. But the presence hadn't worried her, the person seemed somehow calm and was only walking around her room a bit. As Lithon walked over to her bed where she was sleeping and stood next to her, her head slightly tilted to her right side which made her bangs brush away from her closed eyes. She gave the book she was holding a small squeeze and held it closer into her. She was indeed beautiful and her long brown hair flowed along her pillow like a river. Lithon was barely surprised to see the fading handprint on her cheek and the girls red eyes. Royalty is a hard life, but all they tend to do is make it more difficult for everyone around them. If they find anything unnatural or strange they immediately destroy it.

Lithon had talked himself into a rage again and reminded himself of what he came here to do. However, he decided to change his plan. What better way to anger a kingdom than to kidnap its princess. Especially one as fair as this. Her parents will have had great plans for her in her future and judging from her cheek it was already taking place.

He quickly picked up the princess and moved towards the balcony. Lydia did not wake up as Lithon picked her up from her bed, but as he walked outside onto the balcony and he morphed into his dragon form and his talons began to wrap around her, she began to wake. Silently Lithon began to fly away from the kingdom...

However, the guards that were at the front gate were waiting for him. They had seen him enter the kingdom, but how couldn't they? He was huge when he was in his dragon form. The guards had quickly alarmed the whole kingdom and started to get ready to slay the dragon.

Lydia began to frown and struggle a little as she was still slightly asleep, why did the bed feel so different all of sudden? And had she wrapped a weird blanket too tightly around her? Lydia opened her eyes slowly as she felt the wind in her hair and on her delicate skin. Her eyes widened as she saw the huge beast carrying her through her sky. She shook her head from side to side, believing it was just a dream. It wasn't a dream! She screamed a high pitched scream and started to struggle more.

'It's true I wished for someone to take me away but not like this!!' she thought, regretting that she ever wished for that. "Let me go!" she shouted at him and winced as she almost got hit by an arrow that one of the guards fired. Lithon just ignored the princess as she screamed and struggled. "Let me go! I'm ordering you to let me go!!" she screamed it this time and Lithon almost laughed as she 'ordered' him to take her back. But then Lydia looked down, her eyes widened and she shook her head "D-Don't let go!" she shouted because if the dragon did let go of her now she would die! After they had been flying for some time and Lydia couldn't see her castle or the town anymore she looked up at him "W-Where are you taking me?" she stuttered scared.