Chapter 2

The anger from being swept away started to grow inside of her, Lydia struggled and started to hit the talons that were holding her with a weak punch. She was terrified of the giant ice blue dragon. Her heart was racing like a rabbit's, hitting against her chest making her shake terribly, and making her feel like she were going to throw up or maybe that was because she didn't like flying? She tried to act brave by trying to seem calm and not curling into a ball as that was what she wanted to do. "Return me to the castle right now!! I promise you my fiancée will come for me and slay you if you don't!" She looked terrified, but at least she was pulling a brave front and that was more than Lithon could say for most people. Lithon slowly brought his foot holding the princess closer to himself so that she wouldn't get hit by as much wind. Lydia held her right arm with her other arm as it was shaking too much... But, as she did that she lost her grip on her book, Lydia stretched out her arm to catch the book again but it was too late. The book fell down and was soon impossible to see.. 'M-my book..' she thought.

Lithon had heard the rustling of the book falling to the ground. He considered just leaving the book to fall. However, after thinking about it for a moment, it would probably make the princess less likely to cry or continue shouting if she had it. So he looked down and, with his raptor vision, saw the book harshly land in a tree. He casually swooped down and grabbed the tree with his free talons. He ended up taking nearly half of the leaves and bark with him but he was positive that he also had the book somewhere in there. Although he doubted that the princess would see the book until most of the leaves blew away.

Lydia closed her eyes tightly thinking that the dragon would drop her and that she would die. However, she never left his grasp. Lydia felt dizzy from the dive, it was as if all her organs had moved around inside of her. She breathed heavily and held a hand to her mouth as she didn't want to throw up. Lithon could feel the princess shivering. He guessed it was as much to do with the cold air as it was her being terrified. Lydia's dizziness slowly passed and she looked up at the dragon with an angry glare. Then the dragon tightened his grab, she somehow breathed, relieved that he wouldn't drop her, so she shouldn't die by going splat on the ground. But being eaten by a dragon wasn't much better was it? Lydia only thought that the dragon wanted to eat her, she couldn't find any other reason and right now he was simply just playing with her. Like a lion and a lamb, her being the lamb...

Then they reached the castle and Lydia started to struggle again. Lithon just rolled his eyes at the princesses struggling. Soon she would no longer be terrified that he might accidentally squash her. Not that that was even possible. Lithon was incredibly confident that he had complete control over his strength.

The castle sat atop a large mountain surrounded by forest and fields. There wasn't really any other signs of human life within even Lithon's eye distance. It was much like the princess's castle except smaller but it was just as old and well preserved despite the fact that there had been no one to properly take care of it since Lithon's relatives were chased out... But Lithon always made sure that it was clean (except some dust in areas.) and well maintained. The garden was overgrown but still had plenty of beautiful wildflowers.

"Now let me go!" Lydia shouted feverishly and started to hit his claws there were holding her tightly. Lydia wasn't very impressed by the castle, it looked a bit abandoned if she was being honest. But the garden, on the other hand, caught her attention, she loved flowers more than anything. The beauty... The gentle smell... A flower was so elegant, she loved them. Lydia shook her head and ignored the flowers as he attempted to land on the ground. She thought that she was going to be crushed under his talon. Again, luckily, she didn't die.

Slowly Lithon landed. It was quite difficult as both of his talons were closed and he had to land on one foot to avoid harming the princess but he managed it. Lydia tried to keep a brave face, she knew her fiancée would come for her because without her he wouldn't become the next king, so it was just a matter of time... "Now Let me go, your beast!" she shouted and started to hit him again. He then loosened the talons around the princess and let her slip from them.

As soon as he let her go she moved away as fast as she could from him a few steps.

Lithon then placed the pile of leaves containing the book beside the doorway. He didn't really care whether the princess found it today or tomorrow or the next day. But he wasn't going to tell her that it was there.

Then he began to morph.

Lydia was still backing away when she suddenly stopped. Her eyes widened as the dragon transformed into a human, she was speechless. She looked at him with stunned eyes, he was so handsome... He's palish skin, his big shoulders and his purple eyes.. it was as if he had jumped out of one of the fairytale books that she had read. Lydia's cheeks got a little pink, as she slightly blushed. She turned around frowning and crossed her arms, right under her chest. "This changes nothing!" she voiced her thoughts bluntly and stubbornly. "There is no way I'm going to stay here! I'm l-leaving!" she said and started to walk away from him with big and fast steps. But she had bare feet as grabbing a pair of shoes isn't the first thing you think about when you get kidnapped.

Lydia didn't go far before she had to stop as she stepped on a small sharp rock and had grab around her foot and whimper, she tried to hold her tears back, then she saw blood running down from her little delicate foot. She wasn't used to getting hurt... Although a lot of people had tried to kill her as she was the only child of the king and queen. Lydia sat down on the ground whining...