Chapter 19

Lithon leaned over Lydia's naked back and carefully removed the bandage. The fresh, angry-looking scar was the only thing spoiling her otherwise perfectly blemish-free skin. Leaning closer to her and using his arms to support his weight, he let his breath fan across her back.

Lydia held back the shiver that wanted to course its way through her entire body. Feeling his warm breath on her bare skin dwarfed the previous excitement she had felt and made her press herself further into the bed. As his tongue made contact with her skin she found herself letting out a shaky breath and her eyes fluttered closed of their own accord.

Lithon was too busy trying to control his own emotions and feelings that he didn't even notice the reaction his movements caused her. However, he couldn't fail to notice the arching of her back and the sound of her soft moan as he ran his tongue over her skin a second time, ensuring that the wound was indeed healed. Hearing her moan, he was no longer able to contain his feelings. He felt his body quiver as love and longing swelled within him.

Returning to her lower back, Lithon placed a lingering kiss there before he slowly trailing his tongue over it.

Lydia's mind had gone completely blank as she allowed herself to relax and enjoy the pleasure Lithon made her feel as he slowly made his way up her back. As he reached her neck she subconsciously moved her head to one side, allowing his lips access to her sensitive neck. Squeezing her legs together as he began to nibble where her neck and shoulder met, Lydia welcomed the sensation that she had never experienced before. It was as if something was melting within her and, as Lithon continued to caress her naked flesh, it seemed to spread within her, leaving a feeling of pure bliss in its wake.

Wanting to feel more and share it with Lithon, she twisted her head to the side and captured his lips with her own. With Lithon's deep grunt encouraging her to deepen the kiss, she opened her mouth and let her tongue skim across his lips.

Lithon was practically shaking with anticipation and want. Every move he made was performed with shaking limbs and a heart that beat so fast it was a miracle that it hadn't overworked itself and simply stopped. Feeling Lydia move beneath him, Lithon pulled away curiously only to see his princess, the woman he had fallen hard for, gazing up at him with love and lust-filled eyes. Gently, she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him back down to her, pressing their lips together in a soft yet desperate kiss. However, Lithon couldn't let this continue and, as Lydia arched her back, pressing her soft chest against his own, that realization hit him like an anvil. Pulling away from her sharply, he turned his head, avoiding her confused eyes. He couldn't look at her... He didn't know if he could restrain himself if he did.

Lithon pulling away from her was like a knife to Lydia's heart. Why had he stopped? Why was he now refusing to look at her? Didn't he want her? Didn't he like her body? Questions flew around in Lydia's head but it was the last one that had her chest squeezing painfully as she raised her arms to cover herself. Lithon was the first man she had ever shown her whole self to. Was there something wrong with her? Something that other woman had that she didn't? She was so confused and so heartbroken that she didn't even notice Lithon moving until his finger was under her chin, turning her to face him. But she couldn't meet his eyes.

"Lydia, stop that. I can see in your eyes what you're thinking. You're beautiful. The most beautiful woman I have ever met. I just don't want to push you. I don't want to go too far too soon." He said, looking deep into her eyes, trying to convey to her how he was feeling.

"I don't care, Lithon. We aren't going too far." She countered, bringing her hand up and resting it on his cheek. Lithon leaned into it but sadly shook his head.

"I'm willing to wait for you, as long as it takes, we don't need to rush. I don't want to you regret anything." Lydia's eyes grew hard and determined as she prepared herself for what she was about to do.

"I won't." She said defiantly as she grabbed Lithon's hand and pressed it to her exposed breast, never breaking eye contact.

Lithon's heart nearly stopped as a heat spread through him, starting in his chest and spreading to his hands, making them move of their own accord, gently massaging her breast, making them both let out a soft moan. The feel of her soft, smooth breast beneath the palm of his hand was damn near too much for Lithon to bear. Following his heart rather than his head, he slowly leaned down and captured one of her succulent breasts in his mouth.

Lydia couldn't hold in her moans of pleasure at Lithon's actions. She just couldn't believe how good this felt. She absolutely loved how much control she had in their relationship. She knew for a fact that she could never have had this with her ex-fiancée, John. Relationship? Relationship! Lydia couldn't believe that she had just thought that. Nothing was confirmed between her and Lithon. Nothing, other than their feelings for each other. After all, if she was willing to do this with him, what could she call it but a relationship? It wasn't as if she was one of those women in town, one of those escorts. A harlot.

That thought was like a bucket of freezing cold water being dumped over her head. Sitting up, Lydia pushed Lithon away from her, grabbing the sheets and pulling them up to her chest, covering herself.

Lithon stopped breathing and didn't start again until his lungs demanded it. He knew she would regret it... He knew he shouldn't have continued. And now she was feeling the complete opposite of what he wanted her to feel.

"I'm sorry..." He shouldered the blame. He shouldn't have listened.

Lydia swallowed the lump in her throat and softly raised her voice. "I know what you're thinking but... I don't regret it... I just... Do you... Do you think I'm anything like the woman in town?" She glanced up at him through her lashes. "You know... The... The escorts?"

Lithon nearly trips as he stands up from the bed. An escort? How could she think she was anything like those women? Thinking very hard before he answered, he decided to answer her questions with another question.

"Did you kiss me for money? For fame? Or do you love me?" Lithon held his breath while he waited for her answer.

"I... I love you. That's why... That's why I want to be with you." She said truthfully, her voice soft. Lithon smiled.

"Than no. There is no way that you are in any way like those women. They don't do what they do because of love. They most likely don't know love. Not true love anyway." He mused, smiling at her.

True love. Lydia threw the phase around in her mind over and over again and every time, the same question popped up: Was this what we were feeling? Had we found true love? Wanting to voice her thoughts, she decided to be direct and ask the one question that had been eating at her.

"Are we a couple? Are we together, as in, are we in a relationship?" She hoped that she knew the answer. Lithon smiled.

"I consider a couple to be two people who love each other deeply and unconditionally and want to spend the rest of their lives together. You told me that you wanted to stay by my side and that you love me. I love you too and I will never leave you, not unless you wish me to." Lydia smiled, knowing that he too thought of them as a couple set her mind, and heart, at ease. But Lithon wasn't finished yet. Lydia gasps as she watched Lithon kneel down on one knee and take hold of her hand. "Lydia, I love you with all my heart. Will you stay by my side for the rest of our lives?

The smile Lydia gave Lithon at that moment was dazzling. Tears of joy began to fall down her cheeks as she giggles to herself, unable to contain her excitement.

"Lithon, yes! Of course I will!" She gushed as she leaned forward, meeting Lithon halfway, wrapped her arms around his neck as he placed his around her waist, and began to passionately kiss the person she would be spending the rest of her life with. The man she loved. And the best part was, she knew he loved her back.