Chapter 6

Lydia slept peacefully and nicely until the next morning, she woke up slowly as the sun was shining through the window over at her. She sat up in the bed and stretched her body as she had slept pretty well. She looked around and felt her throat crawl together and her eyes widened... Shock and fear hit her as she couldn't understand where she was, this wasn't her room! Where in the world was she?? She then remembered it all.

She sighed and sunk down into the bed feeling depressed. For a short moment, she had thought that it all had just been a weird dream... Lydia swung her feet over the bed edge and stood up. Pain shot through her body making her scream and fall back on the bed. She had forgotten... Her feet... They were ripped open after she had walked on them over sharp rocks... But as she fell down on the bed she screamed in pain again, her back sent out waves of pain all over her body making her roll round onto her belly whimpering.

She buried her head in the bed covers, slightly whimpering as her eyes were tearing. She didn't want this at all. She sniffled sadly and sat up on her knees on the bed. Why did it have to be her? everything sucked... She was now hungry but she couldn't leave the bed as she couldn't walk without feeling pain. Tears fell from her eyes, she eagerly tried to hold them back but they fell anyway. As she cried her eyes wandered around in the room, landing on the book. Her tears stopped slowly as she reached over for the book. It was her favorite book... But how? Lydia sniffled and rubbed her crying eyes as she held the book, she laid the book in her lap and opened it.

Lithon had woken with a start when he heard Lydia scream. He immediately used all of his senses to try and find out what was wrong. He finally relaxed and breathed again when he didn't hear anything but her breathing and slight movements. He was at least happy that the troll hadn't come back or anything like that.

The book had small scratches but was still complete and readable. She dried her eyes as she started to read from her childish book where dreams and fantasies were made real. A story about a girl, unloved and not wished for, found love but she had to struggle to find it. Her life was one big fight but in the end, she found her love, though as they finally found each other she had to die... Lydia liked the story because it was the only story where the main character actually died, the one you had cheered for all this time died just as she had reached her goal... She could die happily as she completed her goal, it was the end.

Lydia sniffled and held the book to her closely as she laid down on the bed again, sideways. She couldn't believe what was happening and she didn't want to either... Everything really did suck.

Slowly Lithon stood up from where he lay. He was still tired. Dragons could sleep for days on end so it only felt like a short nap to him. Stiffly and tiredly he walked to the kitchen. The least he could do was make her some breakfast. He doubted that she would be able to walk at all until her feet healed. He faintly heard her stop crying and the rustling of paper. He smiled. It looks like she found her book.

He started straight away on frying some eggs, sausage, bacon and even made some wheat oats. He didn't know what she like so he basically made a bit of everything. He loved the smell of freshly cooked breakfast. He himself didn't eat it very often but he always loved the smell when he was flying high above the villages in the morning.

He quickly placed it all on a plate, separating the meat in case she was a vegetarian, and piled up as much as he could carry. On his way by he also grabbed a few bandages. He couldn't smell any blood but it was just in case. He knew he wouldn't drop any of it, not with his abilities, but he must have looked ridiculous. Walking up the stairs he stopped at the door. How was he going to knock? Or even open the door for that matter? There wasn't anywhere to place the dishes and he didn't want to put it on the floor... He decided that he would open it with his feet. It wasn't the best option but it was the only way to open it and not get Lydia to stand up.

Lithon made a fist with his foot and lightly knocked on the door. "Excuse me," he cleared his throat, "can I come in? I have some breakfast for you." He was nervous. But he couldn't put his finger on why.