Family

Rose's POV

Alessandro's family is coming over for dinner and to just talk with us.

"How many people are coming again?" I ask him.

"Only close family so... 6."

"Six?"

"Yes. I have my mother, father, sister, brother, other brother, and Mateo. Luca already lives with us so, six."

"You have two brothers?! AND a sister? WHY DONT YOU TELL ME THESE THINGS!?" I ask him.

"It never came up." He shrugs.

I groan as I help the help set the table.

"Would you stop helping out? I don't pay you so that's not your job Rose." Sandro says.

"I don't care." I tell him.

"If you keep helping I'll lower their pay."

"What?!" I ask him.

"I'll. Cut. Their. Pay."

"You can't do that!"

"Yes I can. And I will if you don't quit it." He says glaring at me.

"Fine." I groan, walking to him.

"I don't want you working all the time while you're pregnant Rose." He tells me.

"I get that but I want to be skinny after I have these kids so I need to stay fit while pregnant." I tell him.

"Okay mi amore." He says kissing the top of my head.

"Now, I want to meet this sister of yours."

***

His family is here. I'm sitting in the living room with his sister, Lilith, and his mom.

"He used to be such a crybaby." Lilith tells me.

"Really?" I ask laughing.

"Yea, he was a big baby up until it was time for him to step up. Then he became a ruthless beast." She says. My eyes widen. "But that makes it so less surprising that he's so soft and gentle with you. He was always that way." She says shrugging.

Alessandro walks in with his brothers, his father is talking with the chef in the kitchen.

"Caliente." His brother, Angelo, says to Alessandro, referring to me.

I glare at him. Alessandro does the same thing.

"I can speak Spanish dingus." I say to him.

"Damn. Sorry." He says with a chuckle.

"You're good, just joking." I say to him.

"Do they know?" I whisper to Alessandro.

He shakes his head.

"Okay so we have an announcement to make!" I say standing up and walking by the TV.

I'm not showing too much and I'm wearing a loose fitting shirt so my bump is not obvious.

Alessandro's father and brother, Adamo, come into the room.

"We're having twins!" I announce and all I could see was faces of shock and excitement.

"Anyone wanna guess the genders?" Alessandro says unenthusiastically.

"Girls?!" His mom asks enthusiastically.

"One girl one boy." Lilith says putting $20 on the table.

"Two boys." Adamo says putting $20 down too.

"Two girls." Angelo says putting $30 down.

"Y'all really have to bet money on a gender..." I say in disbelief.

They nod then glare at each other.

I smile.

"Well, the genders are...." I look at Alessandro. He looks back.
"Two girls!" I say.
Mama Bianchi hugs me.
Angelo takes all the cash on the table.
Lilith and Adamo glare at Angelo.

All of the siblings start bickering.
My name pops up and I join in.
Mr and Mrs. Bianchi laugh at us.
Then Mateo and Luca walk in, with Maia. They look at us like we're crazy.

"Stop arguing idiots." Luca says rolling his eyes.

"Shut up!" We all say in unison.

"You're the ones yelling!" He yells back.

We all start laughing.

***

Dinner is finished and everyone is handing out in the screening room. We're watching a movie.
I'm tired and not paying any attention to it.

"Alcune nomi ancora?" Mama bianchi asks.

I'm still learning Italian, but I think I got that she's asking if we figured out names for the babies.

"No, non ancora." I tell her.
(translation- not yet.)

"Perchè no?"
(translation- why not?)

"We have a couple months, we only found out a few weeks ago." I inform her.

"Ahh." She says with a nod.

I nod too and start drifting asleep.

***

"We're family! Why don't you just make it official?!" I hear one of Alessandro's brothers say.

"I don't know if she's ready! What if she doesn't want to?!" I hear Alessandro say back.

I groan and turn over, opening my eyes slightly. I'm in our room, but the door is closed.

It's pretty dark out.

"Just ask her already! Your anniversary is in a couple months!" His brother says.

"I want to but I don't know if it's the right time." Alessandro says with a sigh.

"Well figure it out idiota." His brother says.

I giggle and get out of bed.

"Sup dudes?" I say popping my head outside.

They look down at me then look back at each other. They continue talking but in Italian. Most of this I can't understand.

"Hey! Stop ignoring me! I thought we were family." I say frowning and waving my hand in their face.

"What would you like mi amore?" Alessandro says.

"Your attention. You guys talk too much and woke me up, sooo..." I say to him.

"Oh?" His brother, who I now recognize as Angelo, says.

"Yes. Oh." I say to him. "There was no reason for y'all to be yelling." I mumble.

"Rose, go back to bed, I'll be there soon." Alessandro says.

I poke Angelo's side, making him grab it quickly, I giggle and slip inside our room.
Angelo's my favorite brother so far. He's also my age, well exactly a month older.

"Pregnancy isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be." I shrug and turn on the TV.