Free

Rose's POV

I wake up again this time there's a light on, lighting up the whole room.

I look around and see no one in here. Just a metal door with a small window and a cabinet. I look down at my hands and see I have on handcuffs. Not rope or zip ties. I've gotten out of cuffs quite a few times.

That's a story for another day.

This should be easy. I look down at my feet and see zip ties and my shoelaces still on.
How can you steal a person from a Mafia Don and not know how to keep them kidnapped?? Pure idiots.

I quickly take my hands out of the cuffs, bringing some pain but not enough to make me make any noise.

I unlace my shoes and break the zip ties on my ankles with them.

Finally, I'm free!

I get up and walk to the cabinet. I open it and see a lot of knives and 4 guns. The only one I know I know how to use is the pistol... This is better than melee I guess. I take it out and grab three knives just incase.

I feel disgusting.... there's blood running down my legs and just too much going on.

I walk over to the door and see if it's opened... Nope. I stand and wait behind it. The man should be coming in the room soon.

I've already got a plan.

***

The door opens and the man walks in. I shoot him in the head twice. Deserved it.

Although, I never want to see someone get shot in the head, ever again, that was worth it. Not for me, but for my baby.

I run out the door and see some windows. I look out of them.

God how stupid could these kidnappers be?! Above ground and keeping the hostage on the first floor?! Have they never watched basic TV?

I jump out of the window and run as fast as I can. I run down a road and keep running.

It's been almost an hour and I'm still going. I run until I see a city. I run into a cafe and ask the woman at the register if I can use their phone. She looks at me and tells me I can come to the back.

"Are you okay darling? Do I need to call the police? Ambulance? Someone?" She asks frantically.

"I'm fine. I just need to call someone. Can I use your phone? I'll be out of your way soon." I say to her quickly. Damn maybe I shouldn't have ran for so long... I am so out of breath and tired.

"Yes of course here." She hands me her phone.

She gives me a cup of ice water and I kindly thank her.

I dial Alessandro's number. He doesn't answer. I call again. He answers, finally.

"SANDRO!" I exclaim.

"Rose?!"

God how I've missed that voice...
Yes it was only a few days or so, but I missed him.

"I've missed you so much." I say before sipping the water.

"Rose, you were gone for 2 weeks. I miss you so much. Where are you?" He asks.

TWO WEEKS?! I take that back I can rightfully miss him.

"I'm at-" I cut myself off.

"Where am I?" I ask the lady.

"7 Farmer Drive Perth Amboy, New Jersey." She answers looking back outside.

JERSEY? Jesus.

"I'm in a cafe, at 7 Farmer Drive Perth Amboy, New Jersey." I answer to the phone.

"I'm on my way mio amore. Don't move a muscle." He says.

"I love you Sandro."

"I love you too Rose." He says before hanging up.

***

Yuh- This chapter is interesting- but at least we know Rose is okay, right? Despite the torture and kidnapping and stuff-