Chapter 11

POV: Harry

After what seemed like forever I finally opened my eyes again, but I was no longer in the van.

Instead I was back in the warehouse and tied to a chair in the middle of the room, but it was different this time. The warehouse was extremely bright with white light that forced me to squint in order to see.

I tried to look beside me for the other lads, but I could barely turn enough to see.

I gave up trying when I spotted a shape move swiftly in the corner of my eye.

I tried to get a clear look at it, but it had zoomed by too fast.

Suddenly I felt a presence right behind me, one that radiated cold which swamped over me and chilled me to the bone.

I strained to look behind me, but I couldn't look far enough behind.

Then it was gone, but I still tried to look behind me. I was so distracted that I didn't notice the girl approaching in front of me.

Not until I felt icy finger tips lay briefly on my knee.

I gasped and my eyes widened when I saw the girl who seemed to be the source of the abnormally bright light, for every time she moved it reflected off of her as if her skin were crystals.

"Who-" I broke off when I recognized her and I felt my heart stagger to a halt. "Ashley?"

The girl smiled grimly and stood in front of me calmly. Her wound was closed and the blood washed away. She wore a white dress that went to her knees, but her skin was even more white to the point where you could almost see through her. Her hair was the only thing that was not white. It stood out as much as blood dotting the snow.

"Why are you here? Where's the other-" I started, but she cut me off with a gaze unwavering.

I waited for her to respond, but she didn't. She just stood there silently, almost floating.

"Are you dead? What did he do to you?" I asked as panic started to seep in my already cold body.

Ashley opened her mouth as if to say something, but nothing came out. Then I noticed something weird about her mouth.

Her tongue was missing.. Horror struck me and I pulled against my restraints to try and reach out to her, but they didn't budge.

Quickly, the atmosphere began to change from bright and white to shadows enveloping everything until the only light left was the light glow from Ashley's body.

When I thought the darkness had stopped, it started to cover her as well. I saw her face contort in massive pain, but no screams came out of her gaping mouth. Her dress turned black and her skin seemed to sizzle and smoke to the point where she looked like charcoal. Her hair started to fall off in clumps and fell, singed, to the ground.

I watched as Ashley seemed to shrivel up as she collapsed onto the ground.

I didn't notice that I had been screaming the entire time and when I finally stopped my throat felt torn and bloody. When I was quiet I could hear the sizzling of flesh and I turned away and scrunched my eyes closed.

This is a dream. It has to be.

This isn't real.

When I opened my eyes the area around me had changed. I was still in the warehouse, but this time it had normal lighting. I could feel people stir beside me and I looked to see Niall blinking open his eyes groggily.

I looked back in front of me where Ashley had fallen not more than 10 seconds ago. She, the burnt hair, and fire were all gone.

Was that the punishment for all she had done? Burn eternally and never being able to talk again? She's not a bad person, she just was raised wrong. What if that was hell! I never thought that heaven and hell could exist, but I don't know what else could explain it.

I attempted to calm my heart as I heard footsteps against the stone floor which echoed against the walls.

I spotted the familiar face of Zack saunter into the room with a grin on his face and blood smeared on his neck. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't his.

"Zack." I spat viciously. "What have you done to her?"

Zack seemed to have just noticed that I was awake because when he spotted me he grinned and came closer.

"Why, whoever do you mean?" He asked innocently.

"You know who. You've killed her haven't you? Too coward to kill her while she's conscious, right?" I felt anger bubble up inside of me.

"I did no such thing! How could you-" he paused for effect. "Accuse me of such a terrible act? I mean really, it's like you don't know me at all!" He protested in fake hurt.

I pulled forcefully at the restraints. I wanted to punch him so bad.

"Cut the shit and just tell me what you've done with her." I growled angrily.

Zack sighed in disappointment. "Really Harry, I don't understand your obsession with this girl. I mean, it's not like she ever cared about you." He pointed out.

"You don't know that..." I muttered as I broke his gaze.

"Poor poor Harry." He said pityingly. "Well, you needn't worry about the girl again."

I felt my heart stop. "What-"

"You'll be able to go back to wherever and continue your pop star career without any worries about her." Zack continued, not allowing me to speak.

"So she's dead?" I rasped painfully and let my head droop so that I was now looking at my feet.

"Just to be clear, I didn't have to kill her. She was basically dead by the time you guys left. There wasn't much to kill." He pointed out as he smirked slightly.

I didn't respond. I felt strangely empty, but the strange part was that I had felt empty ever since I had gotten here.

This can't be real.

He's lying. He's a liar.

Then again, Louis had said that she was barely holding on...

I felt tears start to drip from my eyes, but i scrunched them up to try and get rid of them.

I saw Zack smirk at me, but he stayed silent as he dialed on his phone and started talking softly.

I shouldn't be crying! I barely knew the girl. Not to mention she kidnapped us!

So why should I shed any tears for an already doomed soul?