CHAPTER 3

My father sighed disappointed. I felt my heart ache. There was no pleasing him.

"It took you an hour." He growled threateningly. "I told to be done within 30!" He hissed dragging the hostage through the woods to the meeting place.

"Well gee I'm sorry Zack is a slow ass driver!" I retorted sharply.

He shot me a glare of daggers that cut into me, but he didn't say anything more.

I heard a muffled protest from the hostage. I rolled my eyes. Jesus, they just don't know when to give up do they?

-------------

I sighed as I got back to my room. I flung myself onto my bed and pulled out my iPhone typing furiously in order to respond to missed texts.

What? Just cause I'm a criminal doesn't mean I'm not popular.

I heard a soft knock on the door and I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I snapped still absorbed with my phone.

"Just wondering when you were planning to take care of the band?" My dad hissed clearly pissed by the way I answered.

"I got a plane scheduled at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow to go straight to Chicago." I say not looking up.

We of course lived in South Carolina of all places and I was unwilling to drive like 10 hours (give or take) to get to Illinois. Chicago just happens to be where One Directions next concert was. I had tickets to it along with a back stage pass to "meet" the boys (woohoo! dream come true! -note sarcasm-) along with Zack who was helping, a bit. No matter how much of a slow ass driver he is.

Dad nodded satisfied. "Whatever, just hurry cause I'm not getting any younger." He growled before walking away.

--------------

I walked up to security. Now I know what you must be thinking. 'She's going to get caught because obviously she has weapons and is going through airport security.' Well you thought wrong. I don't have any weapons apart from a razor to shave. And maybe a hair brush.

So I passed security with no problem.

Immediately when I got on the plane and sat beside Zack I dosed off until the end of the plane ride.

----4 hours or so later----

I woke to a sharp finger poking me in the ribs. I panicked and grabbed the finger and pushed it backward and pulling the wrist and the rest of the person towards me. I quickly grabbed their neck and my nails dug in. I tried to clear the grogginess of sleep so that I could focus on the intruder.

"What the fuck?! Ashley it's just me!" I heard Zack rasp in my grip and struggling to breath.

"Is there a problem miss?" A flight attendant asked nervously as she eyed the man shaking in fear

"Fine." I snapped at the Barbie doll lady and pushed Zack away from me.

I realized we had arrived and Zack had just been waking me up. But no way in hell was I gonna apologize to the bastard.

I just got up grabbing my bags from the top compartment and started to follow the remaining passengers out of the plane. I heard Zack scramble to catch up before I got too far ahead.

I clicked my phone off of airplane mode while checking what time it was.

"It's 11:00 a.m." I said for no apparent reason to Zack beside me trying to catch his breath from running.

"You already arranged to be their security tonight?" I asked him quietly.

He nodded pulling out the bright yellow vest from his bag.

"Keep it in dumb ass. I don't need to see it." I growl as I turned and started pushing through the airport crowd to a taxi.