Chapter 8

POV: Ashley

I was floating.

Maybe even flying.

I couldn't tell for sure.

Either way, I was moving.

Maybe I was dead! That was a thought...

But my head hurt like I'd been hit by a truck... Aren't you supposed to feel amazing in Heaven?

Shit.

I've gone to hell.

All those kidnappings have finally caught up with me.

I don't even remember a trial or-

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice, a mans voice.

Then it all came rushing back to me. Zack, the accident, glass, pain, One Direction?

It hurt my head to focus on any one thought to long so I let it slip and listened to the voice that somehow soothed me.

".... We couldn't just leave her there!" It said.

"She bloody kidnapped us! Of course we could've!" Said another more vicious, but luckily farther away.

"Yeah, but she basically saved us..." A small voice included.

"Shut up Niall, that was only after she was kidnapped herself!" The pissed off voice continued.

"Look, there's nothing we can do about it now... We already saved her from the wreckage and she already saved us by crashing the car. So, we might as well continue walking to find some gas station or rest stop." The voice above me said strictly.

I then chose to speak up, "You can just drop me here you know... I don't mind." I said without opening my eyes. It was too painful. "After what I did to you, I deserve it anyways." I said forcing tears out of my eye lids. "Plus, judging by how much blood I feel coming out of me, I'll die within the hour on the road." I said trying not to smirk.

Of course I was making them pity me.

I didn't know any better.

Did I really deserve it?

No. Of course I didn't.

I was doing my job. They already have their living plus more. I still have to make mine. It wasn't my fault that Zack double crossed me like an idiot.

"We're not going to leave you..." The once pissed voice sounded less pissed and even sounded soft and pitying. "We're just trying to figure out what to do..." He said with frustration creeping into his voice and I could almost see him squint his eyes in concentration.

"What do you mean you'll die within the hour?!" The small voice, unlike the pissed one, sounded panicked and on the bridge of crying.

"Um yeah?" I croaked, I wasn't lying about that part, and groaned as the person carrying me walked over a bump.

"Sorry.." They muttered as the adjusted their hold on me making the pain flare up even worse.

I screamed out in pain, but cut it off trying to bite my tongue.

Quickly, the boy holding me put me onto the gravel and leaned me against him in sitting position.

"Frankly, it's a miracle I'm not dead already." I hissed through gritted teeth. "Now, did any of you boys think to grab me or Zack's phone?" I asked as I finally peeled my eye open and squinted against the growing darkness.

"Uh... No..." The pissed off darker brown haired dude who had a zap tattoo said quietly as he looked down at me.

"Great... Who wants to go back?" I said rolling my eyes and scanning the boys in front of me.

"I will." The brown haired dude who looked more mature and had arrow tattoos on his arm.

"Beautiful, what's your name just in case you die?" I asked shifting against the guy behind me and scrunching my face up as I did so.

"Er- Liam." He answered as his face went extremely white.

"Right then Liam, you have about 45 minutes before I bleed out all over this concrete and die. You need to go back to the wreckage of the van and find mine or Zacks phone." I explained shaking my head periodically to keep myself conscious. "Now the danger is that Zack may be still alive and may kill you or torture you to find out the rest of our wears bouts. Also, don't depend on seeing an oncoming car to help you. This road is barely ever used by anyone but me, my father, and Zack for this exact reason." I explained as spots danced in front of my eyes and I grasped whatever was closest to me, which happened to be the leg of the dude propping me up.

"What do you mean 'for this reason'?" He asked concern flashing in his eyes.

"The reason being that one of the prisoners fights back and causes a crash on the way back to 'head quarters'. Then they will most likely die of thirst or starvation or injuries because they will never find their way back to people. Therefore, they will never reveal our identity before we get our money." I explained, my grip tightening on the curly haired dudes leg. "Now, if that is all your damn questions. I would suggest going before it gets hopelessly dark." I almost yelled at him, annoyance bubbling up in me despite the pain.

"Liam" nodded once before turning and jogging away.

"Right then, now that that is finished. Who wants to bind my wounds?" I asked smirking at the now squeamish boys sitting around me. "No one? Well then you should expect me to last no longer than eh 15 minutes?" I said pointedly before leaning my head back on the boys chest. "And I would like to die in my sleep if you would allow it." I sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Wait! Don't leave yet." The voice over me said suddenly interrupting my calmness.

I opened one eye painfully. "Yes?" I asked quietly.

"What do you need me to do?" He asked with a shaky voice.

"Aw, at least one of you has got a heart." I laughed, but it turned into a fit of coughs. "There may not be much you can do, but since you want to try.... Get a piece of cloth." I said blinking my eyes repeatedly to try and stay awake.