Chapter Seven-Waiting

*NOTES, This is an AU, I've had in mind for a while now. This is just for fun and is full of my own headcanons, thoughts, OCs and personal views of STEVEN UNIVERSE. If you're searching for something, not this, then I ask of you or anyone else to leave this story alone with your horrible issues that you seem to want to spread to others!

Another thing, I do not own Steven Universe at all! Everyone cannon to it belongs to the rightful owner of Rebecca Sugar, as I only owned the Au idea mostly, the Original Characters and the story plot!

Another thing, I will accept feedback for this as it grows, although be specific and explain as best you can make it out to be.

This is inspired by the following works:

'Black Diamond' by Iteza_8 on Wattpad, 'Prince of Homeworld' by deathbytaco1 on fanfiction.net, 'The Black Diamond' by OmegaWilliams95 on Wattpad, 'A Living Machine' by Dunked_oN on Wattpad, 'Painite's Existence' by YoBoyMcFly on Wattpad, 'Emerald Spartan' by MachineKing123 on Wattpad,

'I am awesome' Is when characters are thinking or having a conversation

_Cruelty is a kindness_ Is when an alternative personality-Beast is speaking

(Why must I care?) Is when an alternative personality-King is speaking

Cannot let pack die!! Are a Gem's internal instincts speaking (This is another head-canon I really liked and made up a while back, will be explained in this book later on)

Pearl View.

'Steven was asleep yet he would constantly ask when Cobra would wake up from his current state. I can't. .  He isn't responding.' I thought, while Cobra twitches in his sleep and attempt to move but couldn't.

He seemed so weak from whatever this is, but he always seemed so tired. So different. He wasn't like Pearl I've seen before, Pi- Rose always said that he was a defect. But I thought he was meant to be like this.' He must be programmed, a Pearl with a spiked arm shouldn't have lived too long without being allowed to live, but who? The Quartz must have owned him, but why taught him how to fight? An effect from the rebellion, a Gem experimenting with a Pearl, or something else?'

Cobra let out a pathetic whine as if he trying to wake up but couldn't, he tried to move any part of himself but couldn't, or do anything to move. Yet he didn't. He can only make the occasional sound.

"When are you going to wake up?" I whispered, looking at him again as a weak glow was seen through his goggles.' What is that?'

The goggles were removed, sliding off to reveal glowing red eyes. They closed and opened again, blinking. A human action but he always had these goggles on, for whatever reason.

It takes a moment to realize there were subtle different colours behind the red, hints of orange and purple with flecks of silver.' Odd eyes, what type of Gem would need a Pearl with eyes like Cobra?'

They were closed again as he let out a whine, he sounded horrible.' So weak, so . . . Vulnerable, what caused him to be like this? A lingering defect most likely, but what defect affects. . .'

I paused memories of old rumours and second-hand tales of Gems called Black Gems. Most were without a mind, or any kind of sentient. They were a scourge on the early Diamond Authority and the Gems, losing so many Gems to them. And rumours of a few genuinely sane Black Gems.' Ones meant to lead them if the Diamonds haven't shattered them all, maybe. . . A few survived and Cobra. . .'

I shake my head, attempting to rid of those thoughts.' They're just rumours and stories if there were Gems like them, they're extinct. And if there's any left behind. They are unknown.'