stalking & romance?

Serenity

I hate shopping. I hate crowds of humans. I hate the uncertain feeling in my gut. But what I hate most of all is the way they all stare hungrily at my mates.

The way the sales girls don't even spare me a glance. The way they shamelessly flirt, unbuttoning extra buttons on their tight blouses. I manage to swallow it all down though. They push their chest out, they look for excuses to touch Gabriel, they eye Christian like he is meat but don't get close.

Every shop is the same. Filled with fashions I don't understand, uncomfortable things that serve little purpose, tiny bits of fabric that couldn't possibly keep you warm. Bright, unnatural lights, make everything too colorful and scents fill my nose overloading my senses. The whole experience makes me feel ill.

Stepping out of the fifteenth changing room for the day I find myself alone. Neither Gabriel or Christian where I left them. Scanning the shop I still don't spot them so I gather my things and head for the exit instead of into the mall. I am not wandering this place alone.

Pushing the glass door open, I keep my head down as I step out into another crowd. Six women stand staring at me, blocking my escape. The one in the front gives a smile before stepping around me but as she does I smell it. Wolves.

Each intentionally bumps into my shoulder as the pass, these girls aren't weak. Their scents hold a bit of madness, one I recognize but cannot place. The last stops before she enters, turning to me before a sting spreads across my cheek.

Looking up, I see her cradling her hand before what happened registers. Who is this she-wolf?

She slapped us! my wolf roars in my head but I manage to hold back.

"Your mate should know that you are his greatest weakness. He will suffer for how he has treated women and it starts with you.." the woman hisses before I sense another person.

I don't have time to react as a something pierces my neck, heat radiating from my veins.

Drugs?!

Everything gets fuzzy before the ringing starts, then darkness. Silent unending darkness.

Christian

I grab my brother and pull him from the shop by his collar. He has done nothing wrong but I can tell our little mate is on edge from this trip. She trembles when we leave the smaller shops, she growls under her breath almost constantly. If I hadn’t found it so damn cute I would have made us leave already.

"What do you think we are here for brother?" I grit out between clenched teeth.

"To shop, of course. She needs clothes." Gabriel snips, trying to blow me off.

"We have two bags…two! After how many damn shops?"

He shrugs and tilts his head, staring at me for a moment. "She needs stuff. We can't introduce her to the pack properly without clothes."

"Have you even been paying attention?"

"Why?" He suddenly sounds worried. "Does she…does she not look happy?"

"No brother. She looks miserable." My voice flat as to push my point home.

His brows furrow as his head shoots around, looking for her without success. I can feel his panic rising before he tenses completely, nose up and sniffing the air. Wolves!

"You smell that?" Gabriel mumbles, still searching.

I nod, releasing him. "Let's  get back to Serenity.. quickly."

We both head back into the shop heading towards the dressing room we left her in some fifteen or so minutes ago. Getting closer though I stop, her scent is faint, faded, like she is no longer here. Looking at Gabriel I can see the panic on his face as well.

Without a word we split ways, looking through the entire store before combing the mall. No luck. Our little mate is not here.

Probing the link gives no clues as her end is silent. She is either blocking us or she is unconscious. I can only hope she is just angry.

Wandering into the food court I spot my brother crouched down talking to a table of clearly underage girls, his back to me but the look on the girls faces is clear. Stary eyed and smitten.

My steps are wide and I find my way behind him ready to rip his damn head off when I stop. Ears perk up at the words that one of the girls says and I let out a breath slowly. He isn’t dead yet.

"So you think you saw her head to the north exit? Was anyone with her?" Gabriel asks in a friendly tone.

"Yeah. It was weird.…" one girl says, her voice filled with longing as her friends agree.

"Weird how?"

"I got a video." Another girl pipes up.

"Can you show me?"

The girl nods as she starts to fiddle with her phone. After a moment we can see the small image play out. We can hear the girls at the table questioning the situation as it happens in the recording. Six females surround Serenity by the door, one stops to talk before we hear the sound on a firm slap, unable to see as a passerby blocks the camera.

'Calm brother, these girls are helping.'

'I know.'

The passerby moves and we see one of the females pick up our mate as another drops something in the waste bin by the exit. They took her. Rage flashes through me and I am storming off to find whatever was thrown away, leaving my brother to thank the teens for their help and to get a copy of the video.

People get out of my way either because of my size or the amount of anger rolling off of me as I finally catch my mates scent. No fear or hurt taints it but there is definitely anger.

The trash, luckily, isn't very disgusting and the silk fabric wrapped object is found quickly. The fabric reeks of flowery perfume to the point it is gaging me but it just proves they were trying to cover their scent. These females were well prepared for this abduction.

Unrolling the object from its cloth cover makes me see red. The squeak of Gabriel’s shoe makes me look up to see my shocked brother who's face just gets progressively darker, eyes flashing with hate.

A low growl escaped him as I force him out the door and into the parking lot.

"It is my fault.." Gabriel growls out as he pushes me away. "Those females… we have to stop them… find her…"

"You know who we are looking for then?" I grit out of clenched teeth.

Gabriel nods as his eyes are fully black. "And I will kill each and every one if they hurt her."

"Good, now let's go figure this out." I can't be angry at him right now, his wolf is fully in control and was not the one to bring this upon our mate.