catching up..

Gabriel

I had breakfast hours ago but haven't gotten to leave the office since. Breakfast was nice, Serenity was interested in almost everything. She is very curious about the things she never got to experience under her previous packs so called care. She had never had a malt before but if her facial expressions and moaning was any indication, she found it delicious.

Both my brother and I had almost lost control right then and there until she gave herself brain freeze and fell over onto the sofa cradling her head in her hands with a heart wrenching whimper. I hadn't even thought to warn her because it never dawned on me that mixed up ice cream was something new to her. I tried to comfort her while Christian brought a glass of room temperature water for her to drink.

She kissed me on the cheek before I left, a simple peck but it made my heart flutter. I hadn't been expecting it so I was surprised by her forwardness and courage. She even told me to come back soon and that she couldn’t wait to go shopping with me. Had she possibly forgiven me for my forced indiscretions?

There was a mountain of work on the desk when I got back but I just keep telling myself that when I am done I can go hold my mate in my arms. File after file was sorted, report after report was read over. Hours upon hours I have been working without a break. On the plus side they had listened and not disturbed me or Christian, which is for the best as he would most definitely rip someone's head off right now.

Christian decided to watch some movies with her, as she hadn’t seen any since she was a small child, until I was done but I could tell I was going to be a while. With a groan I start reading over the next folder, a council request that was pending, They needed a judgement call on another packs future, the Canyon Walkers. I hadn't heard good things. They were a small pack with a large territory so they got allot of attention. Between the archaic beliefs of the pack and the numerous complaints I could see why we were being called in.

Apparently it was a joint compliant that got the councils attention. Two Alphas from packs on either side of the Canyon Walkers have put forth mistreatment claims. The Blood Wolves and Black Claw, both fairly well known packs who took good care of their members. Something about slavery, abuse, and prostitution, I never had liked Alpha Dark.  After what just happened with our mate the idea made me angrier than it should have.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, it seems urgent but we just got back home with our mate. Many things still need done so she can be accepted as Luna, rituals, introductions, the royal issue, but this is our duty. I will have to talk to Scion later to see what he wants to do. Maybe we could send on of our cousins if they have been preforming well. I would have to check that over later.

I glance up at the clock and yawn, I should get some rest soon and maybe something to eat. My stomach rumbles loudly in agreement. Twelve hours of sitting behind this desk and I am not even a third through what needed done. It really had taken us a long time to find our mate, years of searching and we had nearly given up, well I had. I thought she would never be found.

I smile to myself as my thoughts drift to her. I just want to crawl in my bed with her next to me but I had told her to stay with Christian. What was I thinking?

You were thinking about keeping your libido in check. My wolf grumbles in annoyance. If you weren't so much of a slut we could be with our mate right now, but you had to stick your dick in every willing hole that presented itself.

Shut it! I growl back.

Have you been tested? What if you get our mate sick?

Shit! Your right, I will call the Doc in the morning..

I hadn’t even thought about it. How many girls had I been with? I couldn’t even guess. Had I used protection with them all? Maybe I really am a whore. I hadn't truly believed it before, but now maybe I had gone to far. I start to make a mental list.

Kandi, Siena, Julie, Lisa, Anna, Mel, Daisy, Lilli, Misty, Ash…. I know my brow is creased but I need to do this. Hanna, Abby, Jenny, Marie, Lacy, Starla, Joy, Veronica, Carol… Dana, Fran, Leah, Champagne, Lexi, Bea, Mary, Eunice, Nina…. Shit…. Jess, Nicki, Nicole, Nancy. There were twice as many who's names I never bothered to learn or just didn’t remember.

Whore. Don’t even argue it.

I won't. I really have been terrible, but no more.

Good. Treat our mate right.

I sigh heavily. I wasn’t getting anymore work done today. Standing I brush a hand through my silver head of hair. I would just go by Christian’s room and see what they were doing, if they were asleep I would just go to my own room. I stand slowly, stretching my limbs until they pop, I am feeling stiff.

I hurry down the hall catching a whiff of her scent. I walk past both Christian and my rooms finding myself in the living room. The Alpha floor was empty except for the three of us so when I came up to the sofa where Christian obviously sat snoring softly in front of the television I expected to see our little mate too, but as I approached I notice she is missing. The room is heavy with her scent so I cant tell where she has gone and I begin to panic.

My eyes dart around looking for clues to where she might have gone as the panic rises in my chest, my heart rate increasing. I can feel a clawing inside my skull and know my wolf is anxious. I need to make sure she is safe.

The next thing I know I am on my ass on the floor, inches from the back of the sofa where Christian lets out a snort before returning to softly snoring. Wrapped around me is our mate, her thin arms around my neck, her lithe legs around my waist, my body erupting in warm tingles.

“Gabriel. I'm glad you are back.” She whispers against my skin and I can feel my face go red as her warm breath ghosts a caress over my flesh. Her gray eyes look up at me as she smiles and I can feel myself melt. She is so damn cute.

“Hi, Darling. Did you have a good day?” I grin back at her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing my lips to her temple.

“I think I wore Christian out by asking to many questions…” she pouts for a moment but then shakes it off. “But the movies were good..”

“Oh?” I walk us to sit on the sofa beside the sleeping Christian. “What did you guys watch?”

“Um…” She bites her bottom lip. “Ghostbusters, both of them… some movie about a mailbox and a lady, I fell asleep, but then we watched Pirates of…something..”

“The Caribbean.” I snicker, enjoying her in my lap.

“Was that it?” her little nose wrinkles up. “Maybe. I don’t remember, but there was more than one and Christian fell asleep on the second one and I was alone… So I went looking around and then I found you.”

She snuggles into my neck and lets out a soft purr before opening her mouth in a wide yawn. She buries her face in my chest to hide a blush. So freaking cute.

“Are you tired?” I mutter into her fluffy black hair, relishing her soft scent.

She nods slightly. “A little bit, but… aren't you hungry?”

I raise an eyebrow and chuckle. “Now how did you know that love?”

“I might have peeked a few times today…. You didn’t eat lunch or dinner right? Food is important for wolves.” She mutters matter of factly. “And you have more work tomorrow…you need to eat.”

“I will go get something after I put you and Christian to bed, okay?” I kiss the top of her head and smirk.

“Nope!” Christian barks, suddenly awake. “She said you need to eat, go do it now and then we can all go to bed….together.”

Serenity nods again. “Yep, hurry up…. I want to be with both of you while I sleep, it makes me feel safe.”

Both Christian and I laugh as she flushes a nice shade of pink.

“Okay love, I will be back soon.” I grin to myself as I stand and place her in Christian's lap.

With that I leave the room and head back down the hall to the small Alpha floors kitchen. It was mostly filled with easy made things and snacks but it would do for now. Plus I wasn't looking forward to going downstairs and being questioned yet.

Christian

I finished my report for the council and climbed back into my king sized bed next to my little mate who currently had her head resting on my brother’s chest. They look peaceful and it brings a smile to my face. My wolf isnt mad about it which is surprising but its probably because we are in my room, my bed. My territory.

No shit. That and we get to spend time alone with her during the day. My wolf chuckles.

It was nice having her curled up in our lap all day wrapped in our arms, covered in our scent.

Mmm.. and we get to do it again tomorrow. He purrs in my head.

I can’t deny that today was one of the best days ever. We had watched five movies together without moving from each others side, cuddling, it was magnificent. I tried my hand at cooking her lunch and though I am fairly certain I had burned the poor grilled cheese sandwich she still ate it with a content grin on her face.

I fell asleep during the last movie only to wake up to her talking with Gabriel but it didn’t bother me. We sent him away for food and I sent her to the shower, giving her one of Gabriel’s shirts and a pair of my drawstring shorts to wear to bed after.

While she was gone Gabriel came in looking worried. He explained about the ‘Guests' with the royal pass and asked for my help with it. I agreed but a secret part of me wants to see how our little mate reacts to the situation. We will find out tomorrow, I suppose, as I plan to take her with us to the office because the closer she is the better.

Two women picked by our king to marry us, disgusting. They were in for a rude awakening but I will let it play out. Though if they hurt my little mate I will kill the bitches. Gabriel probably doesn’t feel the same, worried about our image or our position, but the council and king won’t punish us for defending our mate, nor her for being territorial. We just have to watch her.

Trust me, I wont take my eyes off of her. She is so sexy when she is angry, when she is killing. Splattered in blood, her eyes feral and all wolf. I would love to show her how sexy I think she is. My wolf taunts. We could lick her clean with our tongue. From head to toe.

Perverted wolf.

You have no idea human. The things we will do to our little mate would make you faint. Just wait and see. He replies grinning like a cat.

I cut the link not needing his input right now. I have questions for Gabriel, but he looked beat when he came back though his eyes did light up when he spoke to our mate. Tomorrow I will go help him so he can enjoy this too.

I feel my wolf growl but I just shake my head. This is his fault, he shouldn’t have ever tried to attack Gabriel. My wolf is just going to have to learn to deal with what he has caused.

I roll onto my side, wrapping an arm around my tiny mates waist immediately feeling the sparks between us. I hear her purr as I nuzzle into her neck placing small kisses there. I let myself drift into sleep listening to her soft breathing, bathed I her scent.