coming home...

Serenity

I must have fallen asleep at some point because the world outside is dark now. My sleep clouded eyes blink a few times as I try to keep up with what little I can see of the rapidly moving scenery, I have never ridden in a car before. The sensation is weird, moving but not moving. It makes me anxious, without the two warm comforting presences at my side I would likely have not been able to make this trip.

I glance at Gabriel’s sleeping face, he really is attractive, perfect even with his flawless skin and clean shaven face, but I still cant bring myself to trust him. His experience with women frightens me, I know I cant live up to it. I can forgive what happened in my pack, he didn’t get a choice, but I know that is not the case with his previous conquests. Girls that still hang around him, girls who attack his sister.

How are we going to do this? I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes threatening to spill over.

My wolf just whimpers in response and I know she also has doubts, perhaps even more than me.

I curl into Christian’s side and let the tears fall, soaking through his shirt. I feel him jerk beside me before two arms wrap around me, pulling me into his lap. He gently strokes my back with his large hand and I cant help the small whimper that escapes my lips.

“Its okay little one.” He purrs into my shoulder, his breath causing tingles to spread across my skin.  “I got you, you are safe. You will be okay.”

I nod against him as he brushes his lips over my ear.

“Wanna tell me what is wrong?”

His voice is soft and makes me feel safe so I just let the tears fall. I let it out, the pain of being alone, the fear of constantly being caught, the knowledge that man had a hand in my creation, in my mothers death. Without a word I just sob into him as he rubs circles on my back slowly.

Christian, my mate who thinks he is a monster, is the one who has my trust right now. He will cherish me, care for me. He is the one I can seek shelter with. Its not something I have experience before.

After some time I feel Christian run his nose along my neck, placing tiny kisses on my skin as he goes. My tears slowly stop as the pleasant tingles drown out the sadness. I lift my head from his shoulder and nuzzle against him, rubbing my nose against his collar bone and throat.

“Will you stay in my room for a few days until they get our room prepared?” Christian asks in a breathy, nervous voice. “My wolf….”

“I know…” I smile at him. Christian tried to attack his brother because of me, because he had hurt me, I had to make sure his wolf was okay. “I will stay with you until we can all stay together.”

He grins and his red eyes sparkle as he hugs me tightly, “Thank you.”

He stares into my eyes for a moment bringing a hand up to brush my cheek. I watch him chew his bottom lip as his eyes dart to my mouth as if asking permission. A small smile crosses my lips before I press them into his feeling the fireworks erupt instantly. He pulls me tightly against him as his lips contour to my own, gentle at first but soon I can feel his growing need as his tongue brushes my mouth and I grant him access. His exploration is through like he is mapping the inside of my mouth before his tongue meets mine. I let him dominate the kiss, I know it is what he needs right now.

I feel him purr into me as his hands find the edge of my oversized shirt, his fingertips brushing the bare skin of my sides. His hands were clumsy and unsure but with every touch came the fireworks and the amazing feeling of being cherished. He pulls away from my lips only to pepper more kisses down my neck, scraping his teeth across his mark. I gasp as my mind starts to go blank, becoming nothing more than mush.

A hand goes up my spine as he nips and sucks at my neck. I bite my bottom lip trying to hold in a moan before his lips are again on mine, a few soft pecks later he pulls away, blushing. I watch his eyes flicker between black and red for a moment before I take his free hand in mine. His eyes shoot to mine and I don’t like what I see there.

Worry. Shame. Fear. Need. I had to make sure, he had to know. I place his hand on my knee and cup his face in my small hands, tilting it towards me with a smile. He is an absolutely  mesmerizing creature,  beautiful but scarred. His pale skin showed tiny imperfections that just made him more amazing, his silver hair haloed his face as I look up at him.

“Christian. Thank you.” I kiss him softly as he looks at me stunned, my voice drops to a whisper as I continue. “Thank you for finding me, for wanting me. I will try my best to be a good mate to you… it will take me time to adjust but I will do everything I can to not disappoint you.”

He looks baffled for a moment but just smiles pressing his forehead against mine. “Little one, you don’t have to thank me. We looked for you everywhere. You are our salvation. The king would have forced us to marry soon… I never wanted to be touched by anyone but my true mate, you. It is all so new to me but I wanted my mate to see I saved myself for her, to understand how devoted I was, even before meeting her. I never imagined that it would be so intense, so consuming…. Finding my souls other half… but I cant be without you… I don’t want to be. I want to touch you, to have you touch me back. I want you to be beside me… always. Leading by our side, bearing us pups one day, growing closer, these are things that run through my head now….so don’t ever thank me for taking you from that place.”

I know I am blushing but I cant help it. He wants me, he has always wanted me, his mate. Doubt flares within me but I squash it down, instead focusing on the loving look in his red eyes. My fingers brush a wisp of silver hair from his brow then traces down his lightly stubbly jaw.

Its up to you. My wolf chimes in my head and I sigh internally, she is scared of him. Am not!

Oh? Then what is the issue?

No issue, just voicing my opinion.

And your opinion is that it is up to me? What exactly is up to me?

Who you mate with first… I can sense my wolf smirking. You know it will need to happen soon right?

How soon? Why?

Because I wont wait and neither will their wolves, I can feel how impatient this one is, it will happen one way or another. I would prefer if you did all the choosing for us before something bad happens. Do you understand what I am saying?

Yeah… I guess I get it. Better it be my decision rather than be forced.

I shake away the thought for now and return my attention to the beautiful man who's lap I occupy.  He gives me a goofy grin that looks unnatural on his usually brooding face. His fingers brush through my short black hair and I purr contented.

“Tell me something little one, how is it that even though you arent used to people you seem to know exactly how to sooth me and my wolf? “ He quirks a brow up.

“What? I don’t understand what you mean…” I frown trying to cover my embarrassment from me not knowing. “Sooth your wolf, how?”

“Don’t worry about it, its just you I guess.” He leans in and kisses my cheek, pulling me into him. My head rest against his shoulder, his arms around me protectively. It was like this that we both fell asleep again.

Gabriel