plotting

Unknown 

"Master, we failed our mission." The males voice was crisp as his uniformed body kneeled before me. He was dead anyways I might as well hear what happened. Failure never goes unpunished.

"Report." My voice, with just a hint of anger, causes him to shudder against the cold tile. 

"We are unsure how but one of the Alpha twins showed up during the raid, half shifted. We did not manage to finish the sweep and were forced to proceed with plan b. After lighting the fires and setting off the device, we withdrew." His head touches the ground as he continues to bow in submission. 

It really is to bad I have to kill him but this cannot be tolerated in my plans, everything is on a schedule. This little soldier has worked in my service since he hit puberty, though he isn't much younger than I. He is loyal to a fault too, or else he never would have shown his face to report this failure.

We might still make use of him, pawns like this don't come around often. My wolf hisses in my ear. Doesn’t he have a sworn brother in Fatal Moon? We can use it to our advantage.

Indeed. I could still use this pawn. My hand raises and I gesture to the thing I keep hidden in the darkness, my trump card. The lights flicker behind me as a growl escapes my throat. The soldier let's out a strangled whimper but doesn't move, smart.

"Take him to the dungeon, level two." My voice stays flat, void of the regret that has already eaten away at my soul.  Level two is a large hallway with hundreds of cells, residents still get food and water but there is no sunlight or view. Just loneliness that eats wolves minds. "I will decide his fate later."

Much later. My wolf chuckles.

In moments he is no longer in my sight, leaving me to brood on what has happened. Someone must have helped those Alpha twins, even after we had cut off many of their allies by force. I can only think of a few ballsy enough to go against an order from Silvermoon. The big four families, Angel Fields, Tempest, Dark Skies. Perhaps they recruited someone outside our kind.

It would make sense. 

My claws dig into the leather wrapped arm rests, unbidden, as my eyes flash. It isn't my wolf that wants out.

My hands slowly fold in my lap in an attempt to keep my head. Shadow Hunters is a thorn in my paw but it must be removed. They are one of the remaining obstacles in my way. Those four families and the council, all must be removed from power before I can rid us of this silly equality. This division of territories, equal vote, bullshit, that the Council has been pushing down our throats. 

We wolves are superior, born of a goddess. Our entire beings are purer, cleaner. We deserve to rule.

Not to mention the hybrid issues or the Lycans. Disgusting, every one of them. The fae, the witches, the blood sucking bastards, even those other shifters. They will bow before the might of Silvermoon, my might. I will crush them all beneath my paws.

And your brothers?

As long as they fall in line, nothing will harm them. However if they choose the same path as that fool then they too are expendable. Nothing will stand in my way. Until all is as I wish it, orderly and glorious.

And our Mate? I can feel the rage in my wolf, he doesn’t agree with this part but he will still go along with it. Must she die? We are weaker without her.

I can only nod my heavy head. It was an unpleasant thought, depriving my children of their mother but she can bear no more pups. Her womb was damaged when I got too rough with her one night. It no longer matters, I have found my next female. 

Next female. My wolf howls in my head, laughing. Just a consort, never a queen. Let the bitches show me an ounce of rebelliousness, I will show them who is in charge. They are breeding stock nothing more.

Breeders. It has a nice ring to it. Perhaps with my new power it will become a titled position, a low one but still. She-wolves to wait on my needs, without the mate bond. My own mate had turned out to stubborn and too weak, never wanting to bow but always relying on others. 

She-wolves like her are still one in a million. That does not make her irreplaceable though. Sarcasm drips from his words, sarcasm and hurt because he knows it to be true. Our mate can be replaced.

That black sheep brother of mine surely got a strong one. He doesn't deserve such a creature. Breaking her will be a fun distraction and if she chooses to die instead there is always the Lycan female hiding in the Council, both would bear strong children. It matters not, though the Lycan bitch may be harder to control. They will have to die afterwards of course, both are far too strong.

But this runt she-wolf, she has turned out to be a wildcard. Does make me wonder about her lineage. Serenity. There will come a time when she falls into my hands and I will make this whole ordeal seem like a walk in the park to both her and those Grave's boys. I can be patient for the time being and wait until she is vulnerable, perhaps when she is round with those mutts child. 

"Call for Josiah Black." My voice rings out as a plan forms.