dealing with betrayal....

Gabriel

I can smell her.

Nothing else matters as we hurry forward. Christian is close behind me as we trot deeper into the damp earth. She is close, so close I can feel myself salivating. I know the drug hasn’t fully cleared my system but I will make this work because she just has to forgive me.

Ahead I can see the dull glow of an electric lantern through cracked yellowing glass, a door hangs barely on its hinges. The outside of the structure had a thick coat of rust but also had tiny paintings of animals. Outside, against the cave wall, is a pile of unlabeled canned food next to a broken beach chair.

I whimper loudly and see movement from inside. Our little mate peeks out from behind the doorframe and I freeze as her grey eyes lock on mine. She really is adorably sexy, even my wolf thinks so and we rarely agree on anything.

I lower my head but keep my eyes on her. Submission wasn’t something I did but for her I expose my neck, letting her slowly approach my weak spot. Christian falls into a seated position to watch us with curious eyes, I know he is worried.

When she is a few steps away I roll onto my back exposing by belly and whimper softly. I close my eyes and just lay prone, my tounge falling limply from my mouth. I hear her sniffing around and fear shoots through me. I hadn't washed, hadn’t scrubbed the scent of infidelity away.

I jump when her fingers brush over my fur. An amazing feeling is swelling in my chest as she hums softly to herself. I feel her take a seat next to me but I don’t dare move.

“Christian?” her voice is soft as she addresses my brother, her hands still brushing through my fur. “Neither of you need to worry, its okay. I wont disappear because of something like this…but I need you to shift.”

There is a pause before I hear the cracking of bone as he shifts but my brother remains silent. I can feel his uncertainty as he stands naked before her unable to move.

“I need you to gather the files from inside, look over them and let me know if I can use them to escape the consequences of killing those women…” She sighs.
I want to tell her that they weren’t both dead but I also didn’t want to be seen as defending them in any way.

“While you do that…I need to talk to Gabriel…” she whispers softly.

I tense up as I hear my brothers footsteps getting further away. I feel her fingers curl in my fur as she leans her head against my chest. A whimper escapes her and my heart clenches.

“I am never going to be enough for you… I don’t even know how to fix it or where to start….I know those women drugged you, used you….it wasn't entirely your fault.” I feel her tears against me. “I don’t intend to hold it against you… I can't blame you for anything really.”

I lift my head, turning to catch sight of her trembling shoulders wrapped in a thin blanket and guilt bubbles within me. What have I been doing all this time? All those girls are just another slap in my mates face.

“I can't help the way I reacted but maybe I can learn to deal with these things better in the future…” she whines softly.

Wait. The future? She thinks this is going to happen again. My mate doesn’t trust me.

Why would she though?

I am a player, a manwhore.

I was proud of these things until this moment. Now it just hurts that I ever put importance in those things. How do I get her to trust me? Can she really ever trust me?

Can I trust me?

I hear a chuckle in the back of my mind, my wolf trying not to say he told me so. He is right though. I did this and even if she forgives me I will have to work at repairing the damage I caused. I am her mate too. She should trust me.

She cries against my fur for a few minutes and I am unsure when her arms found their way around my neck. I listen as she lets out a deep breath causing my wolf to purr.

“Shift so we can talk please..” she mumbles into my neck. I hesitate, not wanting to look as vulnerable as my human felt right now. “Please?”

I give in and allow myself to shift but don’t go to move. Neither does she.
I can feel her tears pooling at my neck and her breath against my bare skin. I hold back a moan just barely. “I am so sorry darling,” I choke out. “I never meant for you to be hurt by me…”

“Its okay…. I only sort of understand the whole relationship dynamic anyways.” I can feel her nervously fidgeting against me. “I only know what I have observed and by the things I have read. I only know that the things I know of you upset my wolf but my human half understands that I just don’t have enough insight to judge… I can’t change that but I can learn and become a better mate…..”

I sit up and wrap my arms around her suddenly noticing that the worn dingy blanket is the only thing covering her body. I fight the urge to peek and instead pull her close to my side. Gulping down my natural urges I place a hand on her cheek, tilting her up so our eyes meet.

“Please don’t misunderstand, Darling. From the moment I marked you I decided that you would be the last woman I would sleep with. I don’t want you to have to worry about me and other females… I know I have to prove allot but I will….please don’t leave me..”

I can feel the tears stinging my eyes and dripping down my jaw. I cant remember the last time I cried in front of someone who wasn’t my brother. The mate bond is incredible.

I’m taken out of my thoughts by angry growling that I immediately recognize as Christian. I freeze up, unsure as to the reason for his anger. Hearing him stomp over to us, I pull her tighter against me.

“Christian?” our mate calls out calmly.

“How many more files do you have little one?” Christian’s voice is deep and laced with hate.

“Allot…and there is more I have read but couldn’t keep…. I have some financial records too…if it helps.” Serenity mumbles nervously.

Christian laughs and I relax.

“That is perfect little one..” he purrs but I can feel the bloodlust in him.

Looking up I can see his eyes flashing red to black as he leans against the other side of our little mate burying his face in her neck and breathing in. I watch curiously as he tries to calm his wolf and after a moment I allow him to take our little mate into his lap.

I watch him nuzzle his face against our marks causing her to purr softly and a bit of jealously  flares inside me but I squash it down. I can feel him prodding the link between us and open it up feeling a shiver run through me feeling her hands on him as if she was touching me too.

She runs her fingers over his shoulders and into the back of his hair in an attempt to sooth his wolf. Fireworks explode in me as her lips brush his cheek, his eye brows, his forehead. Each place she touches is wrapped in warmth.

Christian pulls on the blanket and she lets it drift to the ground but falls still. My brothers eyes flicker as he looks over our naked mates body and I can smell his arousal. He moves her so she is straddling one of his thighs, not even trying to hide his excitement that has risen to meet her.

Looking down I take in the smoothness of her skin and the perfect shape of her bottom, but what gets me the most is the beautiful curve of her hips. I watch as Christian’s hands go to cup her face, pulling her closer. When their lips are almost touching one of his hands goes to cradle the back of her head and the other grabs my hand tugging me closer.

I hear her squeak as Christian presses his lips to hers and puts my hand on her hip, forcing me to run my hand up to her breast before letting me go. I press against her feeling the ghost of a sensation as they kiss and the light headedness the sparks cause.  My fingers flit across the curve of skin under her breast enjoying the feeling as I feel a pin prick of pain in my shoulder but hear my brother cry out before panting in pleasure.

It hits me a moment later and its better than any orgasm I had ever had. Waves of pleasure and comfort then nothing. Disappointed I look over to see Christian hit the ground unconscious.

Before I can react Serenity flips around and bites down hard on my neck. Again the pinprick of pain followed by pleasure, so much pleasure. I feel her tongue brush the wound and she softly sucks at my skin. Glancing down at my brother my vision goes splotchy.

So that’s what happened….she marked us.

Serenity

After I am certain that both of them are asleep I fish some extra blankets out from inside, covering them with everything I could find. The cave gets cold at night but they should wake long before that. I quickly scrawl a note and leave it under the lantern on the table. It simply says I will meet them in their room in the pack house later.

I have business to settle before I can leave with them and the first bit of that is ridding the pack of those women who touched my mate without his consent. I shift into my wolf as I squeeze out of a small cave, coming out in the woods on a hillside. With a sniff I orient myself and head to the pack hospital first. If either of the women I had attack survived I needed to fix it.

I take off at a full run not worrying about patrols because they don’t frequent this area but I slow when I get closer to the facility. It doesn’t take much for me to get inside as I can fit in the air duct even after I shift back. I follow my nose letting it lead me towards a scent that is mixed with my mates.

As I get closer the scent gets stronger and my wolf is begging for blood. I hear voices echoing through the vent. Looking down I can see Irene laying in a hospital bed wrapped in bandages with another woman sitting on a chair beside her.

Anger flares beside me as I listen to the one woman praying to the moon goddess that what they were doing to not come to light. I smirk and quietly dislodge the vent cover waiting till the woman begins sobbing to drop down into the room.

Silently I creep up behind her taking one more whiff to make sure before ripping her throat out with my claws. She doesn’t make a sound as I snap her neck, finishing the job, and make my way to Irene’s battered body. I stab a claw into her jugular wiggling it around to speed up her bleeding out.

Once both heartbeats stop I wash my hands in the sink and climb back into the vent, replacing the screen before finding my way back outside.

Three women down. Two more to go before my wolf will be satisfied. I need to hurry before my mates return and stop me.