Try cuddling??

Serenity

I hadn't meant to wake her. I didn’t truly wish to fight but here we are. Her neck in my mouth, her blade stuck firmly in my ribs. The searing pain of the poison she kept slathered on the four inch piece of stainless steel. She is a warrior, I should have expected it.

I press my teeth down hard as she tries to throw me off, my jaw slowly crushing her wind pipe as my mouth is washed in the bitter taste of her blood. Her hands fumble in my fur as she tries to scratch and claw, anything to make me release my hold. I can see the fear in her eyes as her strength begins to fade from blood lose and as she stopped fighting I rip her throat out spraying myself with her blood.

I stand there in a daze, the pain muting my sense of urgency. I need to rest, I need to heal. I cant shift like this without risking the poison getting worse so I use her washroom. Nudging the faucet on with my muzzle I rinse off the best I can before exiting her room, pulling the door locked behind me. Hopefully it will be a few hours before anyone discovers her.

It takes me a moment to navigate to the guest room that my mates were sharing but after many pauses to hide I finally make it, collapsing into a heap at the foot of the bed. My vision goes spotty for a moment and I hear screaming from downstairs. Angry voices calling for their alpha to right some wrong.

Foolish. My wolf grumbles. That man wont help them unless he gets something out of it. He is a terrible Alpha.

I can’t argue. She is correct. If our Alpha had been a proper leader I would never have ended up this way. My wound begins to feel hot so instinctively I begin to lick the heated skin.

Feverishly I continue in an effort to stop the poison and sooth the intense burning. I am completely  focused. So focused I don’t hear the door or the ranting. I just want the pain to stop. I would do anything for it to stop.

A hand pushes my muzzle away from my task and I let out a whimper but am snapped out of my dazed state by the wall shaking growl that rings out. I turn and get into position to defend myself for a moment but immediately freeze when my eyes meet theirs.

Red and Gold.

Beautiful. My wolf purrs weakly as I relax my stance and fall to my side.

“Oh, Baby.” Gabriel coos as he runs a hand over my fur allowing the wound to be visible. “Lets get this cleaned up…”

Christian is already taking wide strides across the room to fetch the first aid kit, growling the entire time. After a moment he returns and crouches beside me as well. I cant help but worry as his eyes shift to black.

Popping the kit open he pulls out a bottle with a long nozzle filled with a off green liquid and looks down at me. I watch as he pulls out gauze and sets it aside along with a bandage before he looks up at his brother and motions for him to lock the door. Gabriel moves and a moment later I hear the click of the locks before he leans down and scoops me up.

Christian pulls the bench away from the seating area before I am set back down on it. Gabriel disappears again coming back with an armload of towels, placing them next to the first aid kit. I can only watch as the two approach me, exchanging sad nods.

I don’t have time to react before Gabriel has pinned my legs and head down beneath his arms. I feel the panic rise in my chest before the sparks from his touch start to calm me. I whimper and lay my ears down flat.

“I need you to be quiet darling,” Gabriel says softly. “This is going to hurt a whole lot…”

I freeze as I feel Christian’s hand brushing over the wound. They are just trying to help…

Of course. My wolf huffs.

And then I feel the icy goo being sprayed in my open wound. I bite down on my tounge to stop a howl of pain but am unable to stop my entire body from shaking. My nerves feel as if they are screaming, my muscles twitching uncontrollably, and I just feel cold.

I feel Christian lean down, his breath warm against my ear. “You are doing so well little one, just a little longer and I can clean it out. You should be able to heal it afterwards.”

I try to nod but I have no idea if my body cooperated or not. I can feel warm tears trickle down my fur unsure as to whose they are, mine or theirs. I squirm but have no intentions of escaping, it just hurts.

“Okay, now you are going to need to shift..” Christian’s lips brush my neck as he speaks. “Gabriel isnt going to let go because you risk hurting yourself.”

I try. I really do, but my wolf just whimpers. Unsure as to how I am going to motivate her I let out a soft whine.

“It is going to be okay love..” Gabriel reaffirms. “We wont let anything happen but we need you to relax…”

As if catching on suddenly Christian continues, “Just listen to our voices. Relax your body and focus on us….”

“Close you eyes…” Gabriel picks up. “Take a deep breath in through your nose…and another….just focus on our scents.”

I follow their instructions with ease feeling my body calm as their scents fill my nose. I take another deep breath, letting myself relax a little. My ears twitch slightly as I focus.

The brothers are nervous but confident. Their heart rates only slightly elevated. I can tell they are both upset seeing me like this and I feel a bit guilty.

“Think about your human form…think about us holding you close. Please, little one.” Christian whispers and I can hear a tinge of despair in his voice.

I manage to shift but the process is slower and excruciatingly painful unlike normal. After ten minutes I lay panting and naked, still held firm by my mates who refuse to look away from my eyes. I can see their eyes flickering with things I don’t quite understand but I lay still, keeping eye contact.

Christian grabs one of the towels and I can feel him wipe the wound out but he never looks. When his hand brushes my skin I feel him jerk before going completely still, his skin still touching mine. My breathing hitches in my throat as I am scooped up and hurried onto the bed leaving Christian to stare.

Gabriel makes short work of tucking me under the blanket before turning back to grab Christian by the shoulders. I watch his eyes glaze over as they have a silent conversation, exchanging nods.

Gabriel

I let out a threatening growl through the link and my brothers red eyes snap to mine. I know what I see in his eyes, it is a look I am all to familiar with. Lust. My virginal twin was getting ideas in his head and I cant say I blame him but this isnt the time.

We have a dinner to attend tonight. One I am sure is going to be stressful and bloody. Both of us needed to keep ourselves in check. We need to be strong.

‘Not yet, she isnt ready.’ I snap.

‘I know…its just my wolf.’ Christian groans. ‘I have never felt like this before so its easier for him to fight me for control.’

‘I think I know a way to help and to let her heal faster…’

‘How?’  His eyes light up.

‘Cuddling.’ I smile as I suggest it. ‘It will allow contact and will calm your wolf while at the same time allowing her to rest and heal while wrapped in our scent.’

We nod at each other before turning back to the bed. He walks around to the left while I take the right. I know she is bare bellow the sheet but I cant allow her to get up and tempt either of us again. I slide under the blanket laying an arm across her belly and nuzzling into her neck, Christian doing the same on her other side.

I can hear her heart speed up for a second but it slows soon after we settle in. Neither of us move afraid of startling her. We can get her accustomed to our touch slowly. I still have allot to make up to her and Christian has much to learn about the fairer sex.

I feel the pleasant buzz running through my entire being. This is her, this is what our mate does to us. I know my brother feels it too. She is ours and we wont let her go so there is no reason to rush it.

For now this is enough. We can rest because tonight all hell will break lose.