Congradulations, You're An Idiot

Y/N's POV

I opened the door to Alexander's office

"Alexander." I growled, glaring at him.
"Y/N I-"
"You're an idiot."

He tried to speak but I cut him off.

"Do you know," I started, "what Eliza told me, the day you met? She said to me 'he's the one. I can tell. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.' She looked so in love, and was happier than I, Angelica and Peggy had ever seen her in our entire lives. You swore to our father you would be true. But you broke that promise."

I continued to glare as I kept talking.

"Do you have any clue how your children are affected by this? Angelica is devastated, but she's forcing herself to stay strong, for the sake of her siblings. James is almost completely devoid of all emotion. John is blaming himself. And Alex?"

I paused, sighing sadly before continuing.

"He's having a mental breakdown. He's ashamed of being named after you. Worried he'll end up just like his namesake. And I'm sure Philip isn't any happier about this."

His eyes looked down at the mention of his eldest son.

"You really messed up Alexander. And let me tell you something."

He looked back up at me.

"I know my sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind. I love my sister more than anything in this life, I would choose her happiness over mine every time."

At this point I had tears streaming down my face.

"Eliza!" I shouted, "Is the best thing in our lives. So never lose sight of the fact that you had been blessed with the best wife!" I continued to shout at him. "Congratulations, you are truly an idiot."
"I'm sorry." He croaked.
"Sorry doesn't fix something like this."

He then picked up his quill, and continued writing.

"Unbelievable." I said in shock. "Absolutely unbelievable."

I turned and left the room, slamming the door shut behind me.