Don't Call Me Son

Phillip's POV
I woke up in the early evening. I was on the couch, and Angie was cuddled up with me. I got up off the couch, being careful not to wake her. I put a pillow under her head and covered her with a blanket. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and left the room.

I was sitting in the kitchen when I heard someone gasp.

"Son?"
"Don't call me that." I growled.
"W-what?"
"I said," I stood up, "don't call me that."

I walked towards him, stopping when I was about a foot away.

"You are not my father. My father isn't a cheater. Unlike you Alexander." I sneered.
"S-son I-"
"DON'T CALL ME SON!" I shouted, cutting him off mid-sentence.

He stared in shock.

"Do you know how much you've affected all of us? Angie forced herself to hold in her emotions until it all crashed down on her at once. Do you know how much it hurt me to see my sister, my best friend, so sad and broken?"

Tears started forming in my eyes, but I was too angry to notice.

"And to see my little brother in the state he's in?" I paused for a moment. "Do you know how he was?"

"His hair was a mess, he looks like he's been crying for 2 months straight - which he has been - him curled up into a ball on the couch. He could barely say one word at a time."

Alexander's eyes widened, and I continued.

"He hasn't eaten in those 2 months either, I can tell because he's just slightly heavier than paper."

I was crying at this point, but I didn't care.

"You aren't my father, because my father actually loves us." I paused, thinking back to all the times he chose to work and write, rather than pay attention to his own children. "To some extent." I added.

I was sobbing right now. I didn't even realize Angie was in the room until she hugged me tightly, trying to calm me down.

Later that night we all had dinner together. And by 'all' I mean, Ma, Angie, James, John, aunt Y/N and uncle Laf.

I refused to listen to, or say anything to Alexander...until he approached me one day.