Home Again

Philip's POV
I received a letter from Angie a few days ago

Dear Philip,
Mama has finally forgiven Papa. It's really nice to see them so happy again, and we all wish you could've been here to celebrate with us.

I really miss you. How much longer until you come home?

~Angelica Hamilton.

This letter was given a month ago. Today I'm coming back home.

After packing my bags, I got into a carriage and was off, making my way home.

Angelica's POV
I was sitting on the couch, reading a book when I heard a knock on the door.  I opened it, to see who was there and...

"PHILIP!"
"Hi Angie."

I attacked him in a huge hug.

"I didn't know you were coming home today."
"Well I was. And I'm not leaving again."

Then mama came running down the stairs.

"Pip! Oh look how big you've gotten."
She gushed, hugging him
"Hi ma." He laughed, hugging back.
"Pa." He said suddenly, seeing that papa had also come down the stairs.
"Hello Philip."

After everyone greeted him he went to his room to unpack.

The next day
Philip's POV
I decided to go visit Theodosia Burr. I met her when I was very young. We've been courting since before the pamphlet.

It took time to gain her father's trust trust but eventually he agreed to allow me to court her.

I knocked on the door and Aaron answered.

"Hello Philip. You're back from school already?"
"Yep." I answered. "Is Theo home?"
He nodded. "I'll go get her."

He let me in and went upstairs to find Theo. A few minutes later she walked downstairs.

"Philip! You're home!" She ran over to me.

I almost fell over when she practically jumped on me to give me a hug.

Eventually we pulled out of the hug, but I still had my arms around her waist. Then she grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck. Unfortunately we had to pull away because we need air to live.

"I really missed you." She whispered.
"And I missed you." I whispered back.