31

I winced as I peeled my eyes open, a slight throbbing ache present in my head and at other points throughout my body.

I blinked a few times as I took in my surroundings. When I realized I was in an unfamiliar place, I immediately started trying to break myself free from the cold metal that was locked tight around my ankles and hands, but it was all worthless.

A panicked sob slipped as I writhed around in the chair, but I was trapped. My eyes scanned the room, looking for a way out, for anything that would tell me where I was and how I could get out.

There was a tall, steel door at one corner. Other than that, there was a bed at the corner of the unfinished room, and a small window above the bed. It looked like some sort of basement, but the window made me think that I was on a higher level floor.

My heart was pounding as I tried to slip my hands out of the chains, but I couldn't even see them, so it was useless. They'd tied my hands behind my back, so the position was both painful and uncomfortable.

"Good, you're up."

I screamed and my head whipped around to the door that had opened and I didn't even realize it.

The man that walked through the door was the same one who'd taken me. I remembered him smashing the window and pulling me out of the car. I remembered him throwing me to the ground and standing over me. I remembered what he'd said about my sister.

He had black hair and dark eyes, and he easily towered over my frame. He seemed sort of young, maybe in his twenties, and I froze when I saw the gun he held in his right hand.

When he smiled and began walking over to me, my stomach turned and I started tugging at the chains harder.

"Who are you?" I asked him with a trembling voice as he came closer, wincing at the pain that shot through my sore throat. "Why am I here? Where's Kaiden?"

The man ignored my questions and perched down on the edge of the small bed. His eyes never left mine and bile rose to the back of my throat as he raked them over me once.

"Don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you. No one will if you agree to whatever Lucas has to say to you."

"W-what does he want? Who is he?" My words came out scrambled. "Where's my brother?"

The man smiled again. "I'm Will."

My anger spiked as I yanked on the chains again. "I didn't fucking ask," I hissed. "Let me go!"

Will frowned. "That's not very nice, Isabella."

"Fuck you!" I snapped, twisting in the seat harder and he sighed, running a hand through his hair as he leaned back against the wall.

Will smirked. "I'd love to."

I froze, pure terror rushing through my veins as I watched him like a hawk. Will rolled his eyes. "Calm down. It was a joke."

I swallowed hard, blinking back the burning behind my eyes as I went limp. There was no way I could get out. They'd fixed the chains too tight.

"Where am I?" I asked quietly.

Will shook his head. "Can't tell you that."

"Where's Kaiden? What did you do to him? Who are you people?" My voice broke at the end as I thought of everything that could've happened to my brother.

I'd heard gunshots. I'd heard Kaiden call out for me in panic and that was the last thing I remembered. He sounded like he'd been hurt.

"Kaiden's fine. All we did was shoot him."