22

"Say yes first and then I'll ask," Sebastian said, smiling, as we walked towards the entrance of the school to wait for Mia.

"That's not how it works," I replied flatly. "You ask whatever question you have and then I say yes or no. Not the other way around."

He groaned, using his shoulder to push open the door and gestured for me to go through first. "No, I know you and you're gonna say no. Just promise me you'll agree and I'll tell you."

"No."

"See. You're already saying no," he rolled his eyes.

"Just tell me," I pleaded as I followed him to the bench outside the school. We were waiting for Mia and then the three of us were going out for lunch.

"Say yes first."

I bit the corner of my lip as I studied him. He looked amused as he waited for me to answer. I hesitantly decided to give in. "Fine."

"Yes?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes."

He smiled. "Alright, I'll pick you up Saturday morning."

I did a double take. "Wait what?"

Sebastian slipped his phone out and turned his attention to it.

"Saturday. I'll pick you up."

"For what?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Call it whatever you want."

I huffed, straightening on the bench. "Well, you can't just say that and not tell me what –"

I was cut off when a pair of hands covered my eyes from behind, and someone's head rested on top of mine.

"Guess who it is," Mia asked, and I couldn't see her, but I knew she was smiling.

I tried prying her hands off, but she didn't let go. "I'll give you a hint," she continued. "It's your favorite person in the whole world."

I heard Sebastian chuckle. "I'm sitting right next to her."

I just knew that Mia had rolled her eyes at him. "Okay, buddy," she scoffed. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

I smiled and managed to pry her hands off my eyes. She walked around the bench, and took a seat in the middle of us. I almost fell forward as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder, so we were all squeezed together on the bench.

"So," she began, glancing between the two of us. "Are we gonna go eat or...?"

Sebastian rolled his eyes and shoved her arm away.

"Can I have some space, please?" I groaned and tried pushing her arm away, but she hugged me closer to her side. "Mia, you're being annoying."

"Oh, I know. I'm always annoying. That's why you love me," she said pointedly, and before anyone could say anything else she launched out of the bench.

Sebastian and I stared up at her as she placed her hands on her hips, looking down at us. "Well?" She asked, huffing. "What are you waiting for? I'm hungry, let's go!"