Fifty // Three Words

Oliver Greene

Ben and I were on the couch watching movies well past midnight. I'd moved to sit between Ben's legs, my back pressed against his stomach and my head leaning back on his shoulder, his chin resting on my shoulder. His arms were wrapped around my midsection, a blanket draped over the two of us.

I hadn't been able to suppress the smile on my face since Ben's confession. Lying here in his arms, I felt safe, safer than I've ever felt before. I tilted my head upwards and pressed a light kiss to his jaw, earning a content sigh from him. His arms tightened around me, pulling me closer as he placed a light kiss on my neck and I settled further into his touch.

I shifted slightly to look at Ben, making him smile as I met his gaze.

"Did you memorize those lines for me?" I softly asked. Ben sheepishly smiled, his cheeks darkening ever so slightly.

"Uh, yeah, I did. I know how much you like the book and I-I don't know. I thought you would like it." he sheepishly answered. I turned around in his arms so I was facing him before I pressed my lips to his in a feather light kiss.

"I can't believe you did that." I responded, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Sorry, I know it's kinda lame or whatever." he responded, his cheeks continuing to burn. I gently lifted his chin, bringing his eyes up to meet mine.

"No, not at all. It was thoughtful and kind and beautiful. I loved it, I love you." I said, my heart skipping a beat as the words left my mouth. Ben's smile widened, his eyes dipping down to my lips as his hand slid behind my neck, pulling me down, our lips colliding. "It sounds weird." I pressed a light kiss to his lips. "Saying it out loud" I breathed.

"What?" Ben asked, whispering.

"It's only three words. And it takes all the courage I have to say them to you." I whispered.

"Three words." Ben repeated. I nodded. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"I think I've wanted to say those words to you since the day we met." I balked at Ben's words, my mouth opening but no words coming out. "I have to admit, it took me a while to actually figure out. I had to make a huge mistake to finally understand." his eyes filled with regret. I nodded, placing my hand on his cheek. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life, Oliver. I love you." he said, staring deeply into my eyes.

I pressed my forehead to his, a grin growing on my face before I grabbed his face and pulled him towards me, our lips connecting in a passionate, and dare I say love filled, kiss. Ben's hands ran through my hair, tugging. I sighed against his lips as he began kissing along my jaw and down my neck. I ran my hands through his hair, tugging his lips back up to mine, out of breath but still craving his kiss.

We both slowly pulled away, gasping for breath.

"Can we stay here forever? Just like this?" I murmured.

"Yes. Please." Ben whispered, grinning as he softly nodded. Ben gently placed his hands on my hips, gently turning me around to sit between his legs again. He pulled me close to him, my back flush with his toned stomach. I settled into him, pulling the blanket over the two of us before placing a hand on his arm.

We remained there for a while, watching a Christmas movie marathon play. I felt my eyes begin to droop, barely able to keep them open.

"Tired?" Ben whispered into my ear. I nodded, humming in acknowledgment. "Do you want to go upstairs?" he asked.

"Too tired. Stay here." I murmured, letting my eyes close as I snuggled closer to Ben. He lowly chuckled, pressing a kiss so light to my cheek I thought I'd imagined it.

"Goodnight, Ollie." Ben whispered, pulling the blanket up and over my shoulders, encompassing me in warmth.

- - - -

"Shh! Henry, be quiet!" I heard a voice say, sounding strikingly similar to my mom. I groaned and shifted, feeling something, no, someone, warm behind me, an arm around my waist, pulling me close against his chest and our legs entangled under a blanket. I heard a laugh and another shushing sound, making me slowly open my eyes.

"Wha-" my eyes widened as I saw my mom, her phone out and pointed towards Ben and I on the couch while Henry laughed at her struggling to take a picture. "Mom!" I cried, causing Ben to groan and sit up on his elbow, awakened by the noise.

"Good morning, Beth. Am I interrupting your morning?" Ben asked, his voice raspy from sleep but still a lot more clearheaded than me at this moment. His arm tightened around my waist, keeping me from tumbling off the couch. I loudly groaned and threw the blanket over my head.

"Can you two go away? Please?" I begged, earning a laugh from my mom and Henry.

"Come on, that's enough torture for now, mom." Henry joked. I peeked my head out to see him grab her hand and drag her towards the kitchen.

"You're blushing." Ben whispered, his lips so close to my ear I could feel his breath on my neck. I whipped around to look at him.

"How are you not?" I hissed, heat rising in my cheeks. He lightly kissed my cheek.

"She's just happy for you." I slumped down, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I guess." I mumbled. Ben chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me close, placing a gentle kiss on my neck.

"We should probably get up." he mumbled against my neck.

"Do we have to." I groaned, tilting my head up to look at him. He smiled down at me, his dark amber eyes gazing into mine.

"Do you want your mom to come back and see us like this?" he asked in a teasing tone. I grumbled as I sat up, throwing the blanket onto the arm of the couch and throwing a glance at Ben, my eyes narrow. He chuckled and pressed a kiss to the crown of my head as he stood up, offering me his hand. "Do you wanna get breakfast?" he asked. I nodded, quickly taking his hand.

We decided to stop at iHop and get it to go, both of us not in the mood to be around other people this morning. I sat in the car, playing around on my phone as Ben came out of the restaurant, bag in his hand. We made our way back to my house, where we decided to go to my room to eat and avoid my mom and Henry's imminent teasing.

Ben and I were laying on my bed, my head resting on his chest and his arm pulling me close. My arm was slung around his waist, gently rubbing circles on his side. The discarded iHop containers were near my trash can on the ground while we mindlessly watched whatever holiday show was on tv.

"I'm full." Ben groaned.

"Me too." I mumbled into his chest. Ben hummed and tightened his arm around me. I let out a breath, my eyes starting to close as I contently nuzzled into Ben's side. "Stay over tonight." I muttered into his chest.

"I don't want to overstay my welcome." he said. I looked up at him.

"You won't because I want you here. Please?" I asked. He looked down at me.

"Alright, alright. I'll stay." I hugged him closer.

"Good." I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head. "I think David's coming over too."

"Well now I definitely feel like I'm overstaying my welcome." Ben groaned, making me chuckle.

"Henry's going to be out. He'll be happy to talk to you about football I'm sure." I said.

"If you say so." he grumbled. I softly laughed and placed a light kiss to his collarbone.

"Yeah, I say so."

****

Over 2k votes?!?! Almost 50k reads?!? WOW, thank you all so much!! I'm honored you all like my story so much and I greatly appreciate all of the support!!

x, Anne

p.s. as always, feel free to comment, vote and share:)