𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Alpha Chloe (eight years ago)

"Mom! Mom! There's something in the forest! They took Nora!"

The glass in my hand falls to the ground and shatters. I run to comfort my daughter while my mate hurries to the forest where the two girls were picking berries just a while ago.

I lift her and hold her close to me. She places her head in the crook of my neck and sobs. I soothingly rub her back.

Six small arms wrap around my stomach. I look down and see my son, the younger of my twins with tears streaming down his eyes. His two friends, Brett and Tory hold the same terrified expression.

"Let's all go back inside." I say softly to the pups.

They all sniffle, but nod their heads.

I look into the forest and see my mate running back to us with a forlorn face. In his arms, lay my children's dear friend, Nora.

Her pale face is in it's permanent resting state. She has no pulse. I shut her eyes and say a silent prayer for her.

My mate takes the vampire child to his car. He must be going to inform her parents of this tragedy.

~

The past month has been full of sorrow. More victims from my pack and the vampire kingdom have been found dead and we still have no clue who is doing this. They weren't physically attacked, or suffering from any illnesses. Neither were spells, poisons or concoctions used to kill them.
In fact, they were all in perfect health, except that they are dead.
It's all so frustrating.

"Alpha, the problem is not in just our pack, but around the whole kingdom. And there are cases reported from Queen Darcy's kingdom."

I look up and see my beta, Kaden, standing inside my office. He hands me a sheet filled with names of the newly deceased. Many of them are werewolves and vampires, but at the bottom of the list are eight witches.

"Thank you Kaden, you may leave."

"You should really get some sleep, Chloe." He says.

"I need to go over these autopsies again, Kaden. We may just find something." I calmly argue.

"You won't be helping anyone if you're tired. Good night."

Kaden's words play over in my head as I attempt to carry on with my work.
After a few minutes of no results, I give in and go to bed at 1am.

The halls in the pack house are empty, as usual around this time.

When I reach my bedroom, I flop down onto the bed.I can't even bother to get changed into sleepwear. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Still no luck, mio amore?" My mate rolls over and sits up.

"No. I'm just so tired Lori."  I sigh.

"Maybe you're just trying too hard." he unbuttons my blouse.

"I can't turn a blind eye to any detail, no matter how small." I reply as he starts slipping my pants off.

"Just take it easy. It's been so long since me and the pups have had you all to ourselves." He unclasps my bra and chucks it to the floor.

"Are you saying you missed me, Lori?" I coo at him.

"Im not the only one that missed you." He smirks as he climbs off the bed and digs into my wardrobe.

He walks out and dresses me up.

"You are such a tease." I kiss the tip of his nose.

"And you're-"

The door bursts open and Raider runs in. His big blue eyes are filled with worry, his black hair messier than ever.

"Mom! Dad! It's Renegade! It ...- she... Come look!"
He barely gets out between each breath.

I pick him up and get him to even out his breathing. Lorenzo and I run out of our bedroom to our children's room. My mate and I are very protective of our pups.

To my shock the door has been ripped off of it's hinges. The walls have small holes, as if a nine-year-old just punched into them.

In the middle of the room, sits my daughter. Her back is turned to us, but we can clearly hear her sobbing.

"Renegade sweetheart. Come here." I say softly.

"I'm a monster Mom. I nearly hurt Raider, my own twin brother. I'm horrible." She sniffles in the end.

"You're not a monster, Renegade. You're strong, sweet and the best daughter we could ever have." Lorenzo says.

She stands up and runs to her father. He picks her up and hugs her tightly.

"What happened here dearie?" I ask.

"I d-don't know. I w-woke up w-when I heard something in the room th-then I don't remember." She stutters out.

It's only when I see that her window is ajar do I come to a realization. Lorenzo has the same look.

"They were nearly caught by whatever that was. But she unknowingly saved her brother and herself." He mind-links me.

"I'm going to contact the white witches." I link him back.

We cannot have the pups hearing of this.

Especially not Renegade.

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
Author's Note:

A big Hiiii!! to all my new readers, a big Welcome back! to my old readers. Since this is an introduction, it's going to be short.

To those who read the previous book, "The Alpha's Silent Mate" I know I said I wouldn't be doing a sequel, but I changed my mind. At that time, I didn't know what should happen next but right now, I just couldn't stop the story idea from forming.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed that chapter, much much more is to come later.