2

Renegade

"Breaking and entering! Then stealing and almost getting killed in the process! What were you thinking, Renegade!?" My mom reprimands me.

I cast my face downward. I can't look at my mom while she's shouting at me from her desk.

"That's it! You weren't thinking! You never do! Never mind what the Indian Supernatural council would do to me when they find out an Indian citizen was nearly killed under my care, her grandmother alone would skin me alive!!" She continues yelling.

Because Tamreen is a foreign student that my mom insisted stay in our pack, she is our responsibility. That and she happens to be closely related to Father Ramon, the leader of the animal shifter kingdom.

My dad is giving me a long, hard stare. Unlike Mom, he is seated, therefore at eye level. His cold expression surpasses any lecture my mom could give.

"My disappointment goes beyond any word I could relay to you, Renegade."

He stands up and leaves the office. A single tear runs down my cheek. My father's validation is the number one most important thing to me.
Why can't he yell at me like Mom does? Or maybe give me a lashing? Anything is better than his silence.

Mom closes her eyes and pinches the space in between her eyebrows.

"Go get ready for school."

I stand up and dart to the door. Before I can pull the handle down, my mom speaks in her very strict Alpha tone.

"You'll receive your punishment as soon as you get back, missy."

I clench my jaw and exit the room. I make my way to my bedroom that is on the top floor and right next door to my brother's.

My door is made of plain white hardwood. Not so easily broken by my clumsy ass.

Most people would take one look at my room and assume that it is my brother's. Dark blue bedding, curtains and plain white walls. My walls aren't filled with band posters or anything like that.
Instead, some throwing stars and daggers protrude the wall. And I have three or so pictures of Merida and Mulan, my all-time Disney favorites.

What? Nobody said 17 year olds can't love Disney. Well, someone once said 16 year olds shouldn't have pictures of non-princessy princesses stuck to the wall.
To this day, he walks with a slight limp.

I also may or may not be the girl who doesn't think twice before using her fists to solve her problems. I just really hate hecklers and bullies.
My mom once told me that my dad had been bullied in school. That day, my fourteen year old self went crazy and confronted every bully I'd met at school. Raider unfortunately got roped into the mess because he told me where to find all eleven of them. Damn, I've been at the headmaster's office enough times for my scent to be etched into the place.

I take a shower, my thoughts drifting off to each bully I took care of. I even got soap up my nose while laughing at the memories.

After showering and applying lotion, I dress up for school. I select a maroon t-shirt that reads "Two words, one finger" in white.
What are the possibilities that it could be the middle finger? It could be my index finger pointing out "yes, you" or my bare ring finger saying "still single".

I put on a pair of tight black leather pants and a pair of black ankle boots. I braid my elbow length black hair and leave it in a single braid down my back. 
My bag is carelessly slung over my shoulder. My cellphone is tucked into my pocket.

I meet up with Brett and my brother in the kitchen. Not really having an appetite, I decide to skip breakfast and join the two in Brett's car.

Speaking honestly, Brett's moms are too rewarding. He got this Maybach last year because of the 3.6 GPA he scored. What is it going to be of he scores 3.9 this year? Some swanky resort in the Hamptons?

When we reach the school, I practically run out to catch up to Marco and Tiffany who are leaning on the wall next to the entrance after thanking Brett for the lift.

"Where's Mara?" Tiffany says, looking over my shoulder. Her hazel eyes searching for Tamreen behind me is a regularity on most mornings.

Before any assumptions are made, Mara is Tamreen's nickname. She hates people shortening her name so Tiffany decided to shorten her last name, Marajan, instead.

"Back at my pack." I say.

"I heard about what happened." Tiffany folds her arms over her chest.  

Word travels fast in this school.

"Some girls were talking about it in the dorms this morning, some say it's your fault, Rade. I warned some of them off though. Never upset a Filipina." Tiffany huffs out.

I roll my eyes. Sometimes, I wish I lived farther away from this school. That way, I'd be enrolled here as a boarder and then I'd handle those gossipmongers.
Then again, that would mean even more trouble here.

"You shouldn't have been out anyways. The council of supernaturals imposed a curfew for all supernatural folk for a reason. Unless you need reminding, Ren." Marco says with a tight lip.

My heart clenches. A memory of a certain girl named Nora flashes in my mind. I blamed myself entirely for her untimely death.
Despite my feelings, I hide my emotions and attempt to forget the horrible past.

"I know, but I really needed that armor. And shifting would've been too much work considering the amount of armor we were carrying. At least we're all safe, so let's head in. Oh, and I'm not taking notes for Tamreen." I grin.

The two sigh and roll their eyes. Luckily, I have the first lesson together with Tiffany.

....

"Attention students, welcome Justina Brave to our class. She just transferred here and I'm expecting warm welcomes from each of you." My Lupine Studies teacher, Mrs Thompson pauses and scowls, "Halo."

I think the whole class would know which Halo twin she would be mentioning like that.

"Welcome." I say as I continue rocking on my chair and fiddling with my clutch pencil. 

I briefly glance upward and my eyes meet with fiery orange ones. Her red hair is in a pixie cut that almost covers her right eye. She has dark skin and black highlights. She is fairly tall and has a slight aura of power surrounding her. Her oversized sweater and jeans hide any other physical detail about her.

She does not smell like a wolf, yet she is in a werewolf class. My instincts screamed for me to keep a watch on this girl. My gaze follows her as she sits somewhere in the middle of the classroom.

A wad of paper hits my head and I turn to face Tiffany on my right.

"Stop glaring." She mouths.

"Miss Heneraz, is there a problem?" Thompson asks.

Tiffany mumbles a no, but Thompson isn't satisfied with the response.
"In fact, Miss Halo, please sit at the empty seat next to Miss Brave. You can help her catch up on the syllabus."

I glare at this Justina as I pack my things up. She returns the hostile look. I plop my books and stationery on the desk and throw myself into the chair.
Just because I have to help her doesn't mean I should be happy about it.
If she so much as breathes too close to me, I'm smashing her face in.

"Anger issues much, alpha?" She utters under her breath, too low for the other wolves to hear but just audible enough for me to hear. I clench my jaw and turn my body away from her.

"We must keep an eye on this bitch. I have a bad feeling about her." Ailith snarls in my head.

I couldn't agree more. And not just because she managed to mock me using my future title.

It's not that at all.