6

Renegade

As I whizz past trees with the purple backpack in my wolf jaws, I hear thudding from behind me.

Suddenly, I am tackled to the ground by three orange tiger cubs.

I growl at them and they run to a tigress slightly bigger than them. I scoop up the backpack as I glare at the tigress.

She inclines her head slightly. A matte brown wolf shows up from behind her and sticks his tongue out like a domesticated dog.

"Gabriel, tell your girlfriend's little brothers to leave me alone." I growl at my future Beta through mind-link.

He immediately growls too defensively.
"Amity's not my girlfriend!"

Too defensive. I saw right through the sucker, I knew he would be blushing like hell right now if he was in human form.

"I'm in a rush somewhere, squirt. See ya."

I wasn't lying when I said I was in a rush.  I had to get the putrid smelling shoes to the labs.

....

A young child is a handful, but try three tiger cubs. As an extension of our punishment, Tamreen, Marco and I have to babysit Gamma Kella's nephews.

What made it worse was that it is a Saturday morning, meanwhile Amity and her parents along with Brett, and the Gammas are out.

The three of us are in Marco's backyard, watching over the triplets. Marco is playing hide-and-seek with Wade, while Tamreen fawns over Lyle.
The third cub, Drew is currently in his tiger form, playing with a butterfly.

"Lyle looks as fine as a prince in this silk headscarf." Tamreen exclaims.

I sigh in exasperation, "Did you seriously poof that out of thin air just for him to get it messy soon?"

"No, things do not just 'poof', Renegade. If you studied Science of Magic, you'd know about the Law of Conservation of matter, which states that matter cannot be not created or destroyed."

"Your point being...?" I trail off.

It is Tamreen's turn to sigh.
"Matter does not just 'poof' out of nothing. It has mass and takes up space, therefore when we 'conjure' things, what happened is that space and time bends in order for that object to be removed from whatever place, state or form it was in to wherever you are. Energy is also used and converted during this process-"

"Geez, enough with the science! It's a Saturday!" Marco interrupts very rudely.

Tamreen looks as if she were about to strike Marco with a bolt of lightning. In fact, I have no doubt that she is planning to strike him with a bolt of lightning.

"Let's go to the park, Jaata." She huffs out and picks up an eager Lyle, who seems to love his unique pet name.

That creates a chain reaction, the other two get excited about going to the park. To admit, it has been a while since I've been to the park.

"The park it is then cubs." I say.

Marco goes to tell his mom that the six of us are off to the park while Tamreen and I round up the cubs.

I scoop a cub into each of my arms. Wade, who I have over my shoulder is in his human form screaming and playfully hitting my back. Drew, who seems more comfortable in his tiger form, is secured in my arm like a football.

Marco jogs out of his house and catches up to us.
"Could've waited." He mumbles.

I shrug my shoulders. Tamreen smiles as she holds Lyle tighter.