Chapter 13

Silence, can be a beautiful language, or the best tool to suffocate someone under the sea of awkwardness. And silence is well on the way to kill Sakura because she is beginning to find the most mundane, interesting. Questions like 'does chalk taste powdery or chalky?' and 'Is black really black? Or does it just look dark, maybe it's just a shadow of white?' filled her mind and drove her to a state of ecstasy. And the question 'does Sasuke-kun gel his hair in the morning to get it to stay up?', made her remember that in fact, there was another person in the room with her.

A discreet glance at Sasuke told the young shinobi that Sasuke was feeling about as impatient as her, it's not as if the Uchiha actually showed it on his face. The slight twitch if his fingers and the light tapping of his foot against the ground gave him away.

Sakura stared impatiently at the door, hoping that it will open and their sensei will appear magically. Everyone has already gone, leaving them in the dust. And what's worst is that she's alone with Sasuke-kun since Naruto was gone.

(And if by now, you are still in the dark, I don't think you are all that bright. Sakura and Sasuke are waiting for the Sensei to pick them up.)

Sakura slid forward and flopped on the table. She groaned. The first sound made in the past 2 hours.

And it successfully attracted the attention of Sasuke, as he turned towards her with a condescending frown.

"What's with you?"

The never-ending wait must have gotten in Sakura's nerves, or maybe it was the tension that drove her towards the edge of sanity, but Sakura snapped at Sasuke in response. "Well sorry I can't be a broody asshole like you?"

Sasuke flinched in surprised, and his eyes widened. Rendered speechless, he slowly turned back to the front, away from Sakura. When Sakura's brains caught up with what she said, it was already too late. She threw her head into her hands in horror.

'what is wrong with you ya lil' shit. Can't you do something right for once? Just once?'

And the pinkette sighed for the nth time today. This whole drama comedy thing that was her life was messed up, totally messed up.

And on cue, the door was thrown open with a bang. "Hello cute little genin! I'm the one you've been waiting for, your one and only Jonin instructor!" The white haired man glided to the front of the classroom with a graceful turn, and slammed his hands onto the desk on the first row.

"One, two..." The man pointed to Sasuke, then to Sakura. "Where's three?"

His eyes flickered towards Sasuke and Sakura, and the only response he got in return was a light shrug and a "hn".

"Aa. How enthusiastic." The self proclaimed Jonin clapped his hands together sarcastically. "Well whatever it is, today marks our first meeting, and the years of comradeship between us to come." And with that, he stalked back to the door, slid it opened, and left. A second later, gravity-defying white hair poked back into the classroom. "What are you guys waiting for? Follow me."

That pushed the Academy graduates into action. Sasuke quickly leapt over the table and sped towards the direction the man left in, Sakura following closely behind.

The trio ended up on the rooftop, someway or another, with the young Shinobi staring curiously at the elite infront of them.

"All if you are here? Great! Lets do some introductions."

Sakura didn't know what to think, for the whole of last night she has been mentally preparing herself for a harsh military like instructor that forces them to run rounds around the village with wild hounds behind them yapping at their shins. But however much mental strengthening she went through, this, was not part of the deal.