Chapter 12

Hi guys!! I'm back with a new chappy and just a heads up, I'll be getting super busy so updates will once again be postponed until I can find the time. But don't worry, I'm not planning to go on a hiatus since I have quite a few plans for this book. Anyways thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and drop a comment!
_______________________________________

The remnants of team scarecrow gathered in Kakashi's apartment

(Kakashi has the largest apartment, and he lets them make a mess out of it. He's a big softie)

"Ok, so what you're telling us is that old bastard who has more mindless little soldiers than the dead skins on his face is apparently involved in a contract with you." Anko all but shrieked into Naruto's face. "Do you know the severity of this? Even Ibiki cringes at the sight of him, and that's saying something cos Ibiki is the scariest man I've ever met. Not that I'm scared of him of course." The snake women nodded to herself.

"You're going off topic here idiot. The important thing here, is to know what exactly did he use Naruto for. I hope you have an answer ready." Kakashi looked towards Naruto, who is banging his head repeatedly on the dining table they've gathered at.

"He didn't ask me to do much..." Naruto tried, hoping to avoid the interrogation that's approaching.

"Ha. We're not buying that shit lil kid. You're too old for us to be lecturing you about what happens to lying kids." Iruka tsked.

"What happens?" Kakashi asked curiously.

"W-well..." Iruka stuttered. "I wouldn't know since I've never lied as a kid." He continued indignantly, cheeks blushed red from embarrassment.

"Damn it guys. Can't we just focus on one topic at a time? Just so you know, adults are supposed to have an attention span of more than an hour. How is it that we are not even managing for 5 minutes?" Anko slammed the table and growled into the face of the unlucky one next to her, and it just happens to be Iruka.

And it won't be the last time someone slams the table that night.

Iruka whipped his head around and matched Anko's glare immediately. And you have to know that in the shinobi world, meeting someone's glare head-on between two shinobis of the same rank meant a challenge. A challenge that neither one was willing to back off.

"So what if I can't concentrate for more than 5 minutes? There ain't any legal law talkin' bout that is there?" Iruka grumbled irritatingly, and was met with Anko's remark right after.

"Well that just makes you a brat. A snot nosed brat! Hah, no wonder you work in the Academy with your own kind." Anko reached over and grabbed her cup of tea, crossed her legs and sipped haughtily.

"No it does not! I can be an adult and have a short concentration span, and I can teach kids like me—no I mean I can teach kids to have a longer concentration span to not be like me, no that's not it! I mean—"

Anko threw her head back and laughed. Getting Iruka so hot and bothered was starting to grow on her. Looking at the man hugging his head in distress was sooo fun.

And it was fun only up till the point where Kakashi just can't stand their bullshit anymore, and he reached over to the roaring Anko and punched her head down onto the table with his literature. Anko's head met the table with a resounding baam causing the panicking Iruka to stop his panic. The tea spilt all over the floor and the halfway eaten cake found its way onto Anko's face someway or another.

With a "Well fuck you." Anko launched herself at Kakashi with a face full of cream and crumbs and Kakashi dodged to the side while Iruka watched the duo confused. How did a pleasant talk that they were supposed to have with Naruto turn out like this. And speaking of Naruto.

"GUYS WAIT. NARUTO IS GONE." Iruka ran in between the fight, not caring how cake is getting smacked on his face as well. And it effectively stopped the fight, causing the two to slowly turn their head towards the chair Naruto was sitting in a moment ago. What met them was an empty silence.

"THAT DAMNED BRAT." Anko cracked her knuckles.

° ° °
Naruto was slightly out of breath when he landed in his house through the windows. It was a close call. Iruka may be slightly more naive compared to the other two, but he can't weasel his way out when all three were present. He barely managed to avoid Iruka's suspicion with that story he told Iruka. Half lies and half truth, just like how he was taught to say in interrogations in the event he is caught by enemy nations.

And Naruto was glad that Kakashi agreed to being the distraction for Naruto to escape, in exchange for the truth. But it won't affect anything since Naruto planned to tell Kakashi everything that happened. He deserves to know.

(He was the one who suffered the most after his death)

The other two will be kept in the dark for the time being, ignorance is bliss. He doesn't want them to suffer because of his incompetence. Never again.

° ° °
A few days later a statement was released from the academy.

"Because an unexpected accident occured during the exam, Uzumaki Naruto will be allowed another chance to retake the exam. Further information will be given out upon request."

Naturally, Naruto passed with flying colors this time round, in the presence of only Iruka and the Hokage. Finally, the only thing left before Naruto officially graduates from the Academy is the last briefing with Iruka and the assigning of teams.

Naruto didn't turn up for the briefing, neither did he turn up for the first meeting with his team, comprising of Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke and Hatake Kakashi.

And no one could find him, he just disappeared, vanished without any traces. A few days after that, Kakashi finds a drawing sitting on Naruto's desk.

A crow sitting on a scarecrow, and a dead crow on the ground right next to a shepherd's tree.