Chapter 4

Third person's POV
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It is a beautiful morning. Beautiful and peaceful. The birds are chirping, the crickets are cricketing and Anko, well Anko was just Ankoing. It was a peaceful morning.

"NARUTOOOOOOO-CHAN! UP, UP! YOU DON'T WANNA BE LATE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL DO YA? "

It should be illegal. No, it was totally illegal for someone to so awake in the morning. "Come ooooonnnn! Haven't you heard of the saying 'early bird gets the worm'?" Anko started whining, while naruto rolled over and stuffed his head under his bright orange pillow.

"And early worms get eaten. You can go eat your worms yourself cos they are disgusting, and mornings are stupid." Naruto growled at the purple haired, crazy sadist. Anbu captain be damned, nothing in this world can make Naruto wake up at 6am in the morning. Nothing. Perhaps he got this particular trait from Kakashi himself, it was almost customary for those two men to be late. Unfortunately for the blonde, all of this changes today. Sarutobi had personally begged Anko to wake Naruto up and bring him to the Academy. He gave Anko permission to do anything she wants, as long as he still has his Anbu captain intact after she was finished with him. The white haired Hokage happily did his paperwork as one explosion followed by another resounded suspiciously close to Naruto's apartment, followed by shrieks and screams of pain. The Anbu guards glanced at each other, chuckling lowly at their captain's antics. Ah, the youths of this generation are truly youthful.

While Hokage-sama was enjoying the pleasant morning, Naruto was getting his ass swiped by Anko. He was literally blasted out of his bed, right out of his apartment, narrowly avoiding a passing Genma. He narrowed his eyes, squatted down to check if the Anbu captain is alive, ran his hand through his hair exasperated, and continued on his merry way. It was too early in morning to deal with this crap. He truly hopes that Naruto would survive his predicament.

"UZUMAKI! Quick get your ass UP. " Anko hollered. " Hokage-sama would be mad at you if you are late on your first day, Iruka-chan would not be pleased either." Naruto flinched at the mention of an angered Iruka. The last time it happened, three training grounds were burnt down and the whole of team Scarecrow received an earful from the Hokage, along with 3 months of D-ranks. The blonde dragged himself up from the ground and trudged back to his apartment. He dug through his closet pulling out his usual attire before he paused for a minute and turned to Anko. "It wouldn't be clever if I act normally would it? Should I change my style and personality?"

"Of course you should! You are going undercover for a reason. What is that blob of bright orange I see there? " Anko gestured to a orange piece of clothing stuffed at the very back of his wardrobe

"Ahh.... That. Kakashi gave that to me when I got promoted to Captain. I think it was revenge for the temporary orange dye, with sparkles I dumped on his hair a long time ago. Man, he really bears a grudge eh." Naruto scratched his head, looking totally unapologetic.

There was a pause, before realisation dawned on the blonde's face.

"I am not wearing that orange monstrosity for the rest of my academy days 'ttebayo. No way, never." Naruto mastered a glare at Anko while shaking his head determined. A series of explosions and screams of pain followed soon after. A couple of curious shinobi poked their head out, blinked, and dismissed it as a normal wake up call performed by the one and only Anko.

Half an hour later, Naruto arrived at the academy, perfectly on time albeit a little singed. The bright orange jumper like thing he was wearing was absolutely horrible, and the blonde wasn't happy about it. He had henged into a shorter version of himself, his hair was a brighter orange and his muscle mass was replaced by baby fats. At exactly 7.45, fifteen minutes before the academy starts, Anko had thrown Naruto on the doorsteps of the building and shunshined off to goodness knows where. Left on his own devices, the blonde sluggishly walked into the academy, located Iruka's chakra and walked towards it.