Chapter 6

Sasuke was facing some real life crises, and Naruto was standing right smack in the middle of it. True to his words, Naruto stuck to Sasuke like glue, determined to win his friendship. The reason why Naruto was trying so hard was partly because he was bored. But a larger part of it was because he genuinely wanted to spend more time with him because he reminded Naruto so much of Itachi. Somehow by doing so, a small amount of guilt was lifted off the blonde's shoulders.

Naruto was following Sasuke around a lot, sure he's annoyed but that's not the issue. At the start, Sasuke would be filled with dread whenever he sees Naruto. But as time goes by, he got used to the blonde. To his horror, Sasuke realised that he is starting to like Naruto's company. Uchihas doesn't like anyone's company! Uchihas are independent, they don't need anyone.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

Shit. He said it aloud. Sasuke immediately turned his head to hide his blush, but it didn't go unnoticed by Naruto.

"Oho! Oho! Is the great and mighty Uchiha blushing?"

"I am not blushing."

"You are!"

"Am not."

"You are."

"Hn"

"So you admit to it? Ha! An Uchiha blushing is not something you see everyday. I'm blessed! You hear? BLESSED!" Naruto ran out of the class, proclaiming it to the world.

"BLESSED!"

sasuke could faintly hear the echos of his shouts. Burrowing his head into his hands, he shut his eyes.

"Fuck."

///

Sasuke stood alone in one of the many training grounds near the Uchiha compound. He visited this particular one regularly with Itachi when he was younger, and this was the reason why he avoids training there. But today was different for some reason, he found himself heading towards the very place he was avoiding like a plague. Frowning, the ravened haired boy observed the place filled with memories, unwanted memories of that man.

Sasuke hated his brother. He hated him so much that he wanted to kill him. To have him die slowly, regretting each and every single death he caused. Even though he hated Itachi so much, sometimes when sasuke feel lonely, he would yearned to have his brother back with him. To be carried when he was tired, to be able to show his many weaknesses when he was too tired of hiding them.

Since that night of the massacre, there was always voice whispering in Sasuke's head.

What if Itachi wasn't the one who murdered the uchiha?

No. He saw it with his own eyes. He was the one who murdered his parents, his family.

Maybe Itachi was forced to do that.

Itachi himself said that he wanted to test his strength.

Itachi loved the village so much, he won't just leave like that. He can't do that.

He Can. He did just that. Itachi's eyes were cold. He had the eyes of a killer.

Just like that, Sasuke tuned out the annoying, questioning voice. It was his weakness, it questioned his revolve in avenging his clan. It made him feel so vulnerable, so lonely.

Maybe it was because of the vast amount of times the Uchiha brothers spent in that training ground, but Sasuke heard that voice extremely loudly and clearly as he stood alone.

Itachi still loves you.

'Stop. He doesn't, if he does he wouldn't have killed my family.'