Chapter 9

I'll like to remind my readers, this is called a fanfiction for a reason, the story will not be following cannon. There will be a difference in the character's personality and strength. And fanfics are fanfics so some stuff are obviously gonna seem exaggerated.
__________________________

They'd planned everything out carefully. Everything. From top to bottom, left to right, east to west. You get the drift. What they did not take into account was the absence of the target himself.

Kakashi was gone, not a trace of him left. But a true Shinobi knows better than to abandon a mission just because of unexpected circumstances. Kakashi or no, they were going to break into his house. With wills set on fire and heart determined, they carried out the operation that was carefully planned for several days.

"Dude. Are you serious?"

Naruto who was in the midst of climbing into Kakashi's house through the window stopped abruptly at the new voice interrupting him. With a foot and half a body in the house, he turned to the new interruption and sighed.

"This isn't what it looks like. I just wanted to... Check on you. Yup just checking on you y'know."

Kakashi stared at Naruto, unimpressed. His eyes flickered to Anko next, Naruto's usual partner in crime.

"And you? What are you doing here?" Kakashi sighed, almost giving up trying to talk sense into those two. They are a hazard, he'd want to stay away but the situation he was in doesn't allow that.

"I'm accompanying my favorite baby brother of course! Why? Do you want us to go?" Anko sniffed into her sleeves and wiped her fake tears with the back of the hands.

"Yes. Yes please."

"Mean." Anko had the audacity to pout at Kakashi.

"Don't." That one word was packed full with the disgust he felt towards Anko's pout, he averted his eyes.

"Are you gonna keep us out here? Really?" Naruto questioned, with a foot and half a body inside Kakashi's house.

"You don't seem like you're 'out here waiting' to me." Still with all that said, Kakashi still reluctantly opened the door and gestured for Anko to enter. And Naruto climbed into the house.

Sitting together in the dimly lit house, empty dinner plates left by the side forgotten. The previous laughter filled talks and teasing chatter left only silence. "I heard that the senior academy students are graduating early." Anko stated, even though not meant as a question Naruto answered. "Hm, they should be fine." He thought back about his temporary classmates, most of them clan children.

"Only the clan children and a few others will pass the tests, I don't think the school expected the rest to pass anyways. A few weeks earlier won't hurt. I guess." Kakashi finally voiced, and Naruto shrugged in response.

"Any news on that classmate of yours?"

"Sakura? I heard some from Iruka." Naruto glanced at Kakashi, "Not exactly pleasant, you'll be surprised cause I almost swallowed my own tongue when I heard."

Anko-the only one not up to to date with the happenings because of her days spent cooped up underground in interrogation cells of the T&I department-looked between Kakashi and Naruto confused. "What did I miss? Who's that Sakura brat you guys talkin' bout."

"Sakura. Haruno Sakura. 12 years of age as of this year." Naruto settled back into his chair knowing that this conversation is gonna take a while.

Kakashi gestured for Naruto to continue, while Anko was lost in thought, seemingly serious for the first time in a while.

"I asked Iruka off-hand if he knows anything about Sakura, I didn't expect him to. He didn't tell me much or rather, he couldn't." Naruto's eyes flickered between the two opposite him back and forth before settling his gaze on one of the scratches on the table.