Chapter 8

Naruto was floored when he heard about the news. He was lazing in the Anbu headquarters when he overheard a few of the elites gossiping in a corner.

"I heard that we have a shortage of Shinobi, especially since the large group of Chunin got suspended for bullying the friend of the Nara heir."

"You mean the Akimichi heir?"

"But they got suspended just for that?"

"You don't understand. Calling an Akimichi fat is as taboo as abusing cats when the Uchiha were still around. And I think they did more than that. Rumours said that they landed in the hospital with severe trauma."

"No wonder Cat's squad was assigned a low ranked courier mission. He wasn't pleased."

"Anyways, the Academy graduation exam was pushed forward. After the graduating class leaves, the Chunin instructors who were in charge of them will be assigned to missions."

Naruto visibly brightened when he heard that, not wasting even a second, he bounded out of the lounge like room, straight towards the Academy building.

Iruka was desperately trying to keep his calm and telling himself that it will be possible to finish setting exam questions in two weeks time because those totally take less than a month to finalise. He was tired, and did not have anytime to spare for any and all kinds of blonde abominations. But Naruto always has the worst timing, so when he arrived at the Iruka's office through the window, the man had to rely on his well tested self control to stop himself from strangling him.

Before Iruka could began speaking, Naruto beat him to it. "Were the exams pushed forward to a month earlier?"

"But you haven't finish teaching the syllabus yet, some students are still confused about channeling chakra and control. Are we gonna send them to the field like that?" Naruto pondered, pacing around the clustered office.

"If you gave me a chance to explain." Iruka stared at the blonde pointedly.

The said blonde shrugged and plonked down onto the sofa next to the window. Naruto flicked his fingers, signalling for Iruka to continue.

"The Jonin Sensei will finish teaching what we couldn't, Hokage-sama thought that it would be beneficial to students as well to get familiarised to their future superior."

"Sounds like a bunch of excuse given to placate the council. Anyways, are you free tonight? I think Anko wants to get a drink at Hatake's place."

"Kakashi agreed to it?" Iruka paused from his paperwork and stared at Naruto.

"Hah, of course not. He doesn't know, we are gonna surprise him. I even deactivated his traps this morning." Naruto boasted, perfectly prepared to get back at Kakashi for laughing at his deployment to the academy.

"Sounds fun, but I have lots of paper work to complete, props to the early graduation." Iruka slumped on the table.

"If I can barge into Kakashi's place, I can jolly well drag you there. Up to you, do you wanna get manhandled there or you walk there yourself. Or should I tell Anko to come here herself?" Naruto wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Iruka narrowed his eyes and stood up, causing Naruto to back away nervously.

"Come on, I'm just joking. Iruka? Hey stop walking towards me like that...Come on I'm sorry ok?"

Iruka sighed sat on the table, "Don't even joke about that. I'll come if I finish these...on time." Iruka glanced at the pile of paper work sitting innocently on his desk, repressing a sudden urge to burn them.

"Alright, then I won't bother you anymore." Naruto headed towards to door, but suddenly he paused and turned around. "Oh right, I almost forgot. Do you have any information about Haruno Sakura? Other than the basic stuff."

Iruka froze from his paper work and looked straight at Naruto. He studied Naruto for a second before sighing and leaning tiredly into the chair. "Taichou, I'll suggest that you don't get yourself involved in her." Iruka started surprisingly seriously. "No one other than Hokage-sama and the council knows about her...circumstances. I only know the bare minimum as her teacher. But it's not like you're gonna listen to me," Iruka chuckled softly, "so let me drop you a hint. She's involved with Danzo."

Naruto flinched violently, his eyes blown wide with absolute horror. "Why? Why would a civilian be involved with a snake like Danzo." Naruto spit out his name in disgust.

"She's kinda involved in all the political shit, so don't be so open in your research. And don't go too far," Iruka warned. "You don't want yourself tangled in all those stuff, we're shinobis, not politicians."

Naruto nodded hesitantly, still processing all the information thrown at him. "Ok, I'll get going. Thanks anyways." The blonde pulled his finders into a Shunshin seal instinctively, so distracted that he didn't even realise what he was doing. When he started looking into Haruno Sakura, he didn't expect it to be so fucking troublesome. Damn it, he needs a drink.

Iruka sighed at the pile of leaves lying on his office floor, he was going to strangle Naruto.

•°•°•°•°•

Sasuke didn't like anyone, or anything in this world. He doesn't dislike anything either. He was just...neutral towards everything. But there is one particular something that awoke a weird emotion in him, and that something was conveniently the cute blonde boy sitting next to him in class.

No.

Naruto wasn't cute. He was a Uchiha, and Uchihas doesn't find anybody cute. Sasuke flushed embarresedly, he hated how vulnerable he was to his own emotions. He knew what he wanted to do since the beginning, and killing Itachi just became a little something to do in the midst of achieving his goal.

Sasuke was a little different compared to the others, even before his clan was slaughtered, he lived suffocated in his own house. His father set sky high expectations that he always failed to meet, his mother was always kinder to Itachi and Itachi, was just Itachi. He was such a warm person in the past, but the past was the past. Anyways, when he was young, Sasuke decided that he wanted to build a place where no one feels sad. He was young and innocent, so tucking his dream under his arms, he wondered into the academy when he was eight and officially entered the Shinobi world.

When the massacre happened, it only fueled his desire to built a place where there is peace, no fear, no suffering. Because that's what he desired as well. But he was a Shinobi and Shinobis, well they don't really go about creating peace. In fact, it was the opposite. If it wasn't for killing Itachi, he would have quit being a Shinobi long long ago.

But that was just a dream, a pipe dream. But the most realistic problem he was facing right now is his indescribable feelings towards Naruto. He finds the blonde annoying, but he holds a Strange fondness in whatever the blonde does. It's strange, and unexplainable. He didn't like it, not how he found himself staring at Naruto, dreaming of...weird things.

No no no. Bad sasuke.

But Naruto was cute, no matter how much Sasuke denied it, his heart recognised it. Sasuke was new to those emotions, so he was just a tad bit cautious about them. But what can emotions do to you? Sasuke didn't know for sure, but it should be fine.

Right?

_______________________________________

Yayy, update! I myself am surprised at where the story is going lol. Didn't expect Danzo to pop up out of nowhere. By the way, fact of the day, did you guys know that Coca Cola was originally green?