Chapter 1: Diesel 10's back!

Mr. Conductor: [narrating] Hello. I'm Mr. Conductor and I'm going to tell you a story about trains, folks far apart and the Magic Railroad that brought them together. Every story, like a railroad, has its heroes. Meet Thomas. He's our number one hero.

Thomas: Hello!

Mr. Conductor: [narrating] But he's running a little late today. This is the Island of Sodor where Thomas and his friends live. It's at one end of my special universe. I like helping out here. By the invitation of Sir Topham Hatt, of course.

[Thomas puffs into Killaban Station, where Gordon is waiting for him.]

Gordon: Five, Six, Seven, Eight.

Thomas: Who do we appreciate? Practicing your numbers, Gordon. That's a good engine.

Gordon: I'm counting how many seconds late you are. What does that sign say?

Thomas: "Sodor Railway. Really reliable and right on time." Signed, " Head of the railway, Sir Topham Hatt."

Gordon: But you weren't on time, little Thomas.

Thomas: And you're being bossy, Gordon. Now please excuse me. I'm meeting Mr. Conductor. He's looking after us while Sir Topham Hatt takes a needed holiday.

Gordon: I think we can take care of ourselves.

[At that moment, Diesel 10 races through the station.]

Diesel 10: Get out of my way! I have unfinished business here and I wanna finish it fast!

[Gordon is so shocked he starts shaking.]

Gordon: Diesel 10's back!

Thomas: Yes, 10 out of 10 for devious deeds and brutal strength. The blast from the past who hates steam engines.

Gordon: Maybe we do need Mr. Conductor here after all...on time!

Mr. Conductor: [narrating] At the other end of my universe, far away across oceans of time, up and over Muffle Mountain and hidden deep in a valley, is my hometown, Shining Time.

Every now and then

There appears a sign

That points just round the bend

To a place you'll find

Covered in clover

The magic comes over you

Showing up right on time

This is your Shining Time

Climbing through stars to

Your own cloud nine

Soft strokes of lightning

Paint the skies brightening

Up all your Shining Time

Mr. Conductor: [narrating] And by the way, I think you're going to help me and Thomas somewhere in this story.