The Waterbending Scroll

It was a beautiful morning, the gang was flying peacefully throughout the sky. Aang was pacing up and down Appa's back, a worried expression on his face.

"Would you sit down? If we hit a bump you'll go flying off!" Sokka says.

"Sokka's right you need to sit down." Ceres says.

"What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka asked.

"It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives." Aang says vaguely worried.

"Well, let's see, you've pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you 112 years... I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer." Sokka says.

Ceres punches him in his shoulder, "You have a horrible lack of faith and confidence."

Aang had frightened expression on his face, "I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole! What am I gonna do!?"

Ceres climbs on top of the saddle and gestures Aang to sit down. "Aang calm down, everything is going to be okay. If it's okay with Katara, she can help you out in waterbending."

"That's a great idea, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know." Katara says.

"Really?!" Aang says happily.

Katara nods her head and smiles. She and Aang then crawl over to the edge of the saddle to look down.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in." Sokka says.

꧁꧂

The group however didn't find a puddle, they found a beautiful waterfall flowing by a flowing river. It was perfect for Aang and Katara to practice waterbending.

"Nice puddle." Sokka says with a sour look on his face.

Aang, Katara and Ceres have excitement and happiness expression on their faces.

"This place is perfect for you guys." Ceres says happily.

Appa swoops in overhead, grunts loudly and drops himself into the water. Momo on a rock in the catch basin. The sun is blotted by a shadow – the wave of water from Appa's messy swan dive. The wave crashes over him and he is soaked. Appa rolling over in the water, relaxing. Aang who has removed everything but his underwear and is ready to join the fun.

"Yehhh! Don't start without me, boy!" Aang screams excited.

Katara grabs his shoulder before he jumps in, "Remember the reason we're here."

"Oh right, time to practice waterbending." Aang puts all of his clothes back on.

"Great. So what am I supposed to do?" Sokka asks.

"You could... clean the gunk out of Appa's toes?" Aang says as he picks up a leafy branch and holds it out to Sokka, who folds his arms across his chest.

"So, while you guys are playing in the water, I'm supposed to be hard at work picking the mud out of a giant bison's feet?" Sokka asks.

"Mud and bugs!" Aang smiles.

Sokka pauses for a second then says, "Okay." Then Sokka turns to Ceres, "Then what are you going to do Ceres, last time I checked your not a waterbender?"

"I'm going to watch Aang's progress." Ceres says as she airbends on top of a rock and crosses her legs and sits on top of it.

Sokka shrugs his shoulders and grabs the branch and walks away, resigned to his task.