The Avatar & Protector Returns

It is nearly sunset, but Ceres was more focused on other things. Everyone in the village was looking down the ice road out of their village to see Aang and Katara in the distance walking toward them.

Ceres ran towards Aang in relief and hugs him. "Are you alright Aang?"

"I'm fine Ceres."

"Good. Now. WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE SPIRITS DID YOU JUST DO?!" Ceres yell in frustration.

Aang was expecting Ceres to react like this. There was one thing Aang always tries to remember. 'Don't make Ceres angry.'

"Well you see I... we just..." Aang starts off.

"I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare!" Sokka points to Aang, then he points to Ceres. "And you were distracting me while he was setting the flair. You two were leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

"What? No! We didn't know anything about the war until we came to your village." Ceres explained.

Sokka huffed, "That could have been a trick."

"Aang didn't do anything. It was an accident." Katara explains.

"Yeh, we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and well..." Aang explains while putting his hand to his head as if trying to puzzle out the thought. "...we "boobied" right into it."

"AANG! You know better." Ceres lectured.

GranGran looks at Katara and shakes her head, "Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger!"

"Don't blame Katara! I brought her there" Aang looks down in disappointment. "It's my fault."

Sokka points at Aang and Ceres,"Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemies!" The children walk away from Aang and towards Sokka and GranGran. "The
foreigners is banned from our village!"

Katara looks at Sokka angrily, "Sokka, you're making a mistake."

"No! I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you from threats like him!" said Sokka.

Ceres put a hand on Katara's shoulder, "We don't want to be a bother to your village."

"No!" Katara says to Ceres and then turns to Sokka, "Aang and Ceres is not our enemy! Don't you see? They brought us something we haven't had in a long time. Fun."

"Fun? We can't fight firebenders with fun!" says Sokka.

Aang smiles earnestly, "You should try it sometime."

Ceres covers Aang's mouth not wanting him to say anything else and smiles innocently. "We'll be going now."

"Grandmother, please, don't let Sokka do this." Katara begged.

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it best if the airbender leaves." GranGran informs.

"Then I'm banished too!" yells Katara. She turns, taking Aang by the shoulder, and begins to walk off.

Ceres looked at Katara curiously as she dragged Aang towards Appa.

"C'mon, let's go!" Katara shouts at them. Ceres was even more confused about what was going on.

Sokka points to Katara, "Where do you think you're going?"

"To find a waterbender! Aang is taking me to the North Pole!" Katara answered.

"He is?" Ceres says in an confused tone.

"I am? Great!" Aang says brightening.

"No, not great. Aang she can't come with us." Ceres says.