The Waterbending Master

꧁꧂

Warning this chapter mentions blood.

꧁꧂

It had been a week after the incident at the Northern Air Temple. The gang were flying and everyone was resting. Ceres continuously looked through the journal and scrolls she found every night. Every word puzzled her and almost didn't make sense.

She heard Katara yawning and was leaning up from her sleeping bag, "Ceres? Your still reading those scrolls again? You need to get some sleep. You've been looking at those for a while now."

Ceres gently set them on her lap in defeat, "I don't get it Katara. I knew my dad was obsessed with something and that was the reason he left, but this Chi Bending doesn't seem to be all that it's cracked up to be."

Katara sits beside her, "You think there's another reason why he left?"

"Maybe." Ceres says with a heavy head.

"Do you really believe your parents are alive?" Katara asked.

"To be honest? Yes I do." Ceres said.

"You and Aang are lucky." Katara whispered.

Ceres knew exactly what she meant when she touched her mother's necklace, "I'm sorry, if I had the power to bring back your mom. I would."

Katara smiles, "Thanks." Katara then sees Aang on the front of Appa who is asleep, "When are you planning on telling Aang about the Celestial Spirit inside you and that your parents are alive?"

"When we have a moment to breathe and we don't have to worry about the Fire Nation." Ceres answered.

"Good enough. You should get some rest, in the morning we're going to be busy looking for the Water Tribe." Katara says as she went back to he sleeping bag and goes back to sleep as did Ceres, not realizing Aang completely overheard their conversation.

꧁꧂

Ren POV

"It has been weeks! And not a single trace of the Avatar, the Protector or their companions!" Shouted Zuko. Ren and Iroh endured his outburst. "They couldn't have vanished into thin air!"

Iroh laughed, " 'Vanished into thin air'. Because their Airbenders."

"THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER UNCLE!!" Zuko shouted as small flames formed from his hands.

Ren pushed him back and says, "Cool it, we know they're close Northern Water Tribe. So we'll port to one of the Colonist near the border and come up with a strategy plan."

Zuko grabs her hand roughly to the point where Ren could hear her hand crushing. However, she didn't react to the pain, she remained still faced.

"And how do you suppose we do that? When they reach the Northern Water Tribe, it could take maybe weeks or months for them to leave. And in case you have forgotten, Fire Nation aren't welcomed." Zuko said and let's go of Rens hand.

Ren looks at her hand and sees that it's red and slightly burnt. She didn't react to the pain.

Zuko leave to his chambers, while Iroh inspects his daughter. "Are you alright?"

"It's alright, I've had worsted pain then this." Ren said.

"I know, I have seen you experience the worst pain unimaginable to anyone, however that doesn't mean that I can't worry for you as a father should." Iroh said as he brings a small bottle of ointment.