The Northern Air Temple

The gang sitting around a camp site with several other groups, listening to a man telling a story of 'airbenders'.

"So, travelers. The next time you think you hear a strange, large bird talking, take a closer look. It might not be a giant parrot, but a flying man. A member of a secret group of air walkers, who laugh at gravity, and laugh at those bound to the earth by it!" The Storyteller said dramatically.

The Storyteller, having finished his story, is going around collecting coins from the other travelers.

"Aren't airbender stories the greatest?" Aang smiled.

"Remember the Silent Wise Monk mom used to tell us every bedtime." Ceres said.

"Oh yeah, those were the best." Aang smiles.

"Your parents used to tell you bedtime stories?" Sokka asked questionably.

"Every night after a batch of sweet rolls." Ceres says.

Aang head lowered, "It was just our mom!"

Ceres looks at Aang and noticed his tone of voice. Aang barely knew their dad, and it always made him feel like he abandoned the family because of him.

Katara quickly changed the subject, "Was it realistic? Is that how it was back then?"

Aang smiled, "I laugh at gravity all the time."He chuckling to himself. "Gravity."

Ceres joins in by laughing.

The Storyteller arrives in front of the gang, having already collected money from the rest of the audience.

"Jingle, jingle!" He says as he shakes his cap in front of Sokka.

"You better pay the man Sokka." Ceres smiled.

He searches inside his heavy cloak, and manages to pull out a bug, a worm and a few crumbs.

"Sorry ..." Sokka says.

"Aww, cheapskates!" The Storyteller walks away as Sokka puts the bugs back in his pocket.

Aang and Ceres stands up and runs after the storyteller, who is kneeling in front of an old man.

"Hey! Thanks for the story." Aang said politely.

"Tell it to the cap, boy."

The Storyteller shakes his cap behind him as he kneels in front of an old man. The shaking causes a coin to come loose and fall from the cap. As Aang and Ceres searches through their clothes for some money, Momo picks up the coin and puts it in the cap as the Storyteller turns around.

"Aww, much obliged, little bat-thing." He pets Momo on the head.

"It means a lot to hear airbender stories." Aang says.

"Yes we are very much obliged." Ceres smiles.

"It must have been a hundred years ago your great grandpa met them." Aang adds.

The Storyteller looked at them confused, "What are you prattling about, child? Great Grandpappy saw the air walkers last week."

Both Aang and Ceres had a look of confusion of their faces. They then looked as each other in disbelief as well with a shimmer of hope.

꧁꧂

The gang fly with Appa to the direction of the Northern Air Temple. Ceres and Aang have a few memories of the Temple, their mother took them their for the Council meetings and enjoyed the games being held there.

"Hey, we're almost at the Northern Air Temple. This is where they had the championships for Sky Bison polo." Aang said as he's steering Appa.

"Do you think we'll really find airbenders?" Katara asked Ceres.