37

As the clock struck midnight, the party that seem to remain was just of the family. Charlie and Henry playfully sang songs with deep, phony voices as Amelia was spun around by Leo, laughter still flowing between the two. Carina clapped along, laughing from her heart, looking as if she had never enjoyed such joy before. Evelyn leaned back against Will's chest, their chairs connected as they laughed along as such silliness of their children. Charles and Amelia Adams danced softly, staring into each other's gaze, looking as if they were falling in love all over again. Barbossa and Bootstrap sat quietly with small smiles, they too looking as if they were experiencing pure joy for the first time.

Happiness was carried through the wind of the garden. Such happiness, that anyone who would witness its magic would find themselves carrying the same sensation.

Three generations remained here, happier than any family ever to exist.

~

Evelyn squeezed Leo as tight as possible, burying her face in crook of his neck. He always held the same smell ever since they were young. It was masculine, but something rather comforting and gentle, that mimicked his personality as a whole.

"Did you have a nice birthday, Evelyn?" A small chuckle came from him. Leo squeezed her back, laying his head on top of hers.

She gave a nod against his neck, finding herself smiling. "I did. Thank you for everything, it was truly beautiful. I have no idea how you all pulled this off but I loved it." The two parted, looking to each other, both looking relaxed and well-rested for the first time in years it seemed. Their journeys, adventures were tough but something in the past now.

Leo gave her a tired smile, giving her a little squeeze. "Good, I'm happy to hear that. Honestly, I didn't think we could pull it off either. God, those rose bushed were going to be the death of Will and I. Just getting them here was a pain, which you are keeping those until they die by the way." He playfully warned her, pointing directly at her face.

A playful roll of a her eyes. "I was going to keep them. You know roses are my favorite. You all do." She chuckled, a bittersweet feeling washing over her suddenly. The smile on her face seem to fade off, causing Leo to worry subtly.

"What is it?" He asked softly.

Evelyn looked back up to him. "I just...after so many years of us being friends, our lives we have spent together, now just seems to be coming to an end almost." She couldn't quite explain what she meant.

A soft chuckle came from Leo. "Evelyn, you are another year in your late thirties, nothing is coming to an end." He reassured her, his hands moving to her shoulders.

"I know that," she gave a small laugh, "I just mean, somethings we experience in life come to an end before we even realize it. Little things and big things." There was a pause in her speaking and a small sigh. "I just want to thank you for everything you've ever done for me and for my family. You have shown me a great deal of loyalty for our entire friendship, and I thank you for that." Evelyn couldn't figure out why she was becoming so sentimental of a sudden. Could the effect of the thoughtful party really be doing this to her?

Leo slid his hands down into hers, holding them tightly. "You are my family. I'd do anything for you, Will, your children, your parents. You all are my family. My loyalty is with you all, always has been and always will."

Evelyn gave him a small smile, tears stinging her eyes but never welling up. "Thank you." She squeezed his hands tighter. Glancing down at them, she sniffled then looked up. "And we will always be there for you in anyway you need us." Leo didn't reply but smiled. He had always been one of her favorite people ever to exist. He's given up their marriage for her, travel across the seas for her, fight for piracy for her, everything he seemed to do was for her. And as time went on, he also seemed to do everything for Will too. It made her happy to know that her two boys put aside their petty rivalry and became friends. It would always seem like it would be them three against the world. The iconic trio.